Post # 1
I’ve been on the low down lately, been feeling kinda shity so I thought I’d brighten up my mood and your mood with something about me that the hive may not know. I’ll share a few things about me and then you can do the same, share fun things that we may not know about you. This might be a good post to for our newbies to get to know the “oldies” a bit better too 🙂
So I’ll start:
I said my first word at 9 months old and then I didn’t talk until I was 3. My family thought I was behind or challenged but then I started talking and I wouldn’t shut up lol
I am triple jointed – seriously, I can do the splits (all ways), if I lay down on my belly and arch my back so that my legs come up above my back, I can grab my toes and touch my nose with them – weird twisted position
When I was around 4-5, I used to kidnap our house cat, take him into the bathroom and pamper him. I used to put baby powder on him, nivea cream on him, give him a scalp massage and he would just sit there and do nothing hehehehe. My mom caught me and I’ve never done it again, poor kitty! lol
Ok now your turn!
Post # 3
LOL! Oh man…
Well in the light of what you’ve shared…
When I was a kid, I closed my cat in a biiig cabinet above my bed (my headboard was a big cabinet w/ 2 doors) and then when I let him out, he flew out and bit me in the ear and I bled and bled and bled!…it was a very traumatic experience, but I’ve never ever pessed off a cat again.
When I was 2, my mom fell down a flight of stairs with me and landed on my leg and broke it. I NEVER crawled before that – went straight to walking – but then learned to crawl post-leg-break. I frequently joke how my mom dropped me down stairs as a baby and “THAT explains everything!” 😛
Post # 4
@couawilou: Sorry you’ve been feeling crappy lately. Hopefully things are improving for you 🙂
I’ll join in:
– I’m currently on my last week of holiday from work and am dreading going back 🙁
– When I was 6 I was visiting my grandparents on their farm in Poland and hit a chicken on the head with an apple. (I threw it – I must have been a bitchy little 6 year old )
– Last week after my honeymoon I chopped my very long hair off into a short bob and i love it.
Post # 5
Ooo! I’ll play!
When I was 7, I closed a swiss army knife on my thumb. When it came time to take the stitches out, I wouldn’t let the doctor because I was too scared. My dad ended up doing it at our house that evening! (yay for non-squirmish parents)
I wake up and do 5 sun salutations each morning.
SO and I spent valentines day this year at the shooting range – one of our favorite dates!
Post # 6
@inky_1: Oh man, that sounds like something I would do to our cat lol. It’s funny the things we do to cats when we’re little hehe
@ticatica: Thanks, I guess it’s just wedding stress building up now. Hahahah to the chicken, that’s too funny and cute at the same time! I’m DYING to cut my hair off! I can’t wait until the Monday after the wedding, my hair is being cut off!
Post # 7
I could read when I was two. I was at the hospital with Gramma when my brother was born and I was reading a book to her. The nurse thought I had just memorized that particular book so she gave me a different one. I read that one too.
My favorite shape is a circle. I’m obsessed with circles and the letter O.
I must have lip balm with me at all times.
Post # 8
Oooh this is fun! And I’m sorry you’ve been feeling shitty. 🙁
– I was an extra on the TV show Walker, Texas Ranger when I was in elementary school. They filmed in my city ALL THE TIME and I was in a background scene at a school. Fun fact of the day!
– Hm, I danced for 18 years and now my body is paying for it. :/ All kinds of joint issues and I can pop basically anything on my body. It freaks my husband out in the mornings when I wake up and sit up and there’s a series of pops and creaks.
– When I was 5, my (older) sister decided it would be genius to blind fold me and play some kind of weird hide and seek/marco polo hybrid game IN THE HOUSE. The ending to that story involves a brick fireplace and my head and a permanent scar in the middle of my forehead. Good times.
– I tell my husband that I love my dog more than him and say it’s a joke…but I dunno sometimes. That dog is pretty awesome. :p
Post # 9
@BlondeBee: What does a Sun salutation entitle of? Sorry for being naive but I’ve never heard of that
Post # 10
When I was 3 or 4, I threw my doll down the laundry shoot. It got stuck and my parents had to fish it out with a fishing pole.
Like, @ticatica , I cut off all my hair into a short bob last week. I couldn’t take my longer hair anymore.
Post # 11
Sorry you’re feeling shitty, and hope this brightens your day!
Based on what others hve shared –
* When I was about five, I kept getting up out of bed to tell my mother there were spiders in my room. I was sick and on heavy meds with fever, she thought I was delusional. I finally dragged my grandmother in who started “Oh my! oh my!” because a spider’s nest had hatched in my room and there were hundreds of baby spiders crawling and hanging everywhere. I’m a mild arachnaphobic till this day.
* My boss wrote me a Christmas card that he need to meet my alter ego “Faye” – a personal nickname among friends, most frequently used anyore in the my fire spinning and (hula) hooping communities. I don’t think he knows what he’s asking for.
Post # 12
@GroovyHippieChick: That’s awesome that you could read at that age, pretty sweet to have you read to your grandma. I’m also like you with the lip balm, I’m kinda of obsessed with it actually but shhhh don’t tell my FI, he’ll really think I’m weird lol
@misspeanut: hahaha I tell my FI all the time that I love my cats more than him, he replies back, Ilove the dog more than you lol
Post # 13
About me – hmmmmm.
As a child I had a great imagination was always living a fabulous adventure in my head. I had super-powers, too, just so ya know.
I’m an optimist, a Leo, and I strive daily to be patient and fail, in traffic, daily.
I am madly, passionately in love with my FI and can’t wait to be his wife.
I’m the mother of an incredibly beautiful and intelligent son.
Spirituality is very important to me.
Post # 14
I have a dislocated elbow. It’s been there since I was a teen. Nothing can be done about it. I popped it out while bailing hay (tossing those square bales onto a wagon) and the doctor we saw about it said, “nope, if I put it back in, it’ll just pop back out again, if doesn’t hurt, leave it alone.”
The funny thing about this is that the elbow is the only bone you can dislocate without knowing because 90% of people say it didn’t hurt!
That sucked because I couldn’t do any handstands or parallel bars in highschool!
Post # 15
@couawilou: Sun salutations (A and B) are yoga sequences that warm up the body and get the blood flowing. Here’s a video for reference: http://yoga.prevention.com/workouts/Sun_Salutation_A_B.shtml
Post # 16
@couawilou: Awww, I hope things turn around hun! *hugs*
Also, I think it is hilarious that you used to “run away” into the bathroom too. I did that as a kid – I’d pack a sleeping bag, an apple, and my doll, and go in there and lock the door and camp out. I thought of myself as a modified Boxcar child lol. It never lasted too long though, because there was only one bathroom in the house, and eventually someone HAD to get in hehe.
@ticatica: Oooh, a PWC! I am totally doing one too, and probably dying it as well! Pictures? Also, I hope you had an awesome honeymoon 🙂
@GroovyHippieChick: I could read at two too 🙂
@coffeegal85: I’d love to see your PWC too!
I can’t think of anything else about me right now!