- 3 years ago
- Wedding: March 2014
Because I can’t work right now (workers comp type situation… court typist who can’t type (8-5 five days a week)… tenonditis… shooting pains… let’s not go there) my parents took the opportunity to come over from NZ. As I’ve fully canvassed before… my mum does not do wedding planning easily. It’s like pulling teeth. She thinks it’s “just one day” and pooh poohed my excitement. But slowly & surely we got there!
– Met with our venue coordinator & took another look at our venue. Lots of questions from mum and dad. Very good introduction & has helped us get more of a sense of the flow of the wedding.
– Met with stationer for mega brainstorming session for invites which I think will get us somewhere! Mum wants formal/traditional… I want something a tad more modern (in format) but vintage in style… I think our stationer will help us meet in the middle with that. So much easier than doing that over email!
– Met with florist today. Mum was in her element (she used to do landscaping). Knows the name of every flower suggested. And actually, to my great shock, likes my inspiration photos. I think for the first time ever we’re 100% on the same page on something!
– Mum & Dad gave me the OK to book a band and two gorgeous classic cars today. This has been in limbo for a while so lovely to have that sorted.
– After a lot of traipsing around shoe shops to find a shoe that matches her MOB outfit (tricky colour to match) mum finally found perfect shoes. I was so stoked for her, she’s going to look amazing.
They honestly are so generous… it hasn’t all been fun & games… I couldn’t sleep last night after a whole lot of stress about whether we include rsvp cards where mum basically wasn’t listening to me telling her my FH wants it so I want it … ugh it’s so complicated to explain but I’m on the edge of PMS and my hormones are sending me on an emotional roller coaster. I often wish they showed their love & support in other ways than just money (if you haven’t been in this situation I’m sure it’s hard to get your head around) but honestly FH and I are just so stunned with how generous they’ve been.
But to sum it all up …. TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK!!!! Now we’re actually getting closer it’s a total relief to be ticking things off in my head 😀
But at the same time… I’m panicking over how many things I might have forgotten about! lol