- Statutory Grape
- 7 years ago
- Wedding: February 2014
FH and I are starting to think about the sequence of events for our wedding, though it’s still a little over a year away.
-We’re inviting about 100 or so people (guest list expanded because his stepmom gave us a list of about 20 people we forgot…oops)
– Instead of a sit-down dinner, we’re having heavy hors d’oeuvres, buffet-style, and of course cake.
– The ceremony will be short–we’re having a JP and will probably do a sand ceremony, so we’re thinking maybe 20 minutes tops for that.
– We have three attendants on each side.
– We’re doing pictures before the ceremony (so, a first-look type thing)
– We’d like to start (this depends on the JP and when she can do it) around 6:30 pm.
– We have to do our rehearsal the day-of, as well as our own set-up (can’t get in the night before–the venue does bingo on Thursday nights)
– We’re also planning an after-party, so the entire evening would be over around 10:30 or 11:00.
– We are seating everyone at tables (with chairs turned to face the front) for the ceremony–not ideal, but it’s the only way we can arrange it.
I’m thinking if we work backwards, it’ll work better. What I have so far is this:.
8:00 – 10:00 : Decorate venue
10:15-ish to 11:00 : Quick rehearsal
11:00 – 12:30 : Luncheon/equivalent of rehearsal dinner
12:30 – 3:00 : Hair and makeup
3:00 – 4:00 : Get dressed
4:00 – 6:00 : Pictures
6:30 : Ceremony begins
7:00 : “Dinner” is served.
7:30 : Cake is cut
8:00 : First dance
8:00 – 11:00 : Dancing and mingling
11:00 : Depart for after-party
The decorating would be early, probably around 9:00 that morning. Rehearsal could start, then, around 10:30. (We don’t have a ton of stuff to set up.) The luncheon would go from 11:30 to 1:00 or so, but my girls and I would probably duck out around 12:30 to get our hair and makeup done. Hair/makeup is optional for the ladies since I’m not requiring it and can’t afford to pay for four people (including myself) to have it done. The flower girl’s hair is optional; it’s up to her mom, basically. (She’ll be 3).
Would that leave enough time for everything? What would you suggest?
EDIT: We’re not having any of the following, either: Cocktail hour, bouquet toss, garter toss, any dance other than the first dance. 🙂