Timeline Questions/June 2015 Brides/Destination Brides

posted 2 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 2
720 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

FutureMrsKHBD:  I would contact the cake place, ask them their availability, when they need you to place an order, ask about the deposits and if they would want you to send your cake topper there etc. As for getting the cake topper, we had ours over 6 months + before the wedding because we found what we wanted and bought it. As per the alterations, depending on the dress, I would add a bustle even if you don’t plan on dancing. You will probably do alot of walking around after the ceremony (people pull you in a lot of directions to talk to them) and if you have a big train, you’ll want one as dresses are heavier than you think specially when you get tired. I know my dress was light at the beginning of the day but as the night went on and I was walking around the room, I became tired and the dress seemed to become heavier than expected. I would also contact your salon where you purchased your dress (or a seamstress if you bought it from other than a salon) as they will be able to let you know. Mine told me 8 weeks prior was the 1st fitting, than I had 2-3 other fittings after that so it depends on how much you need etc. I would go somewhere you feel comfortable going for alterations! Good Luck!! 

Post # 5
720 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

FutureMrsKHBD:  Don’t be affraid to ask the “silly” questions as theres always someone on the bee looking for the same info but might be affraid to ask. Also try using the search box on the bee because there may be other bees who have asked the same questions you might be thinking. I am one of the last of my friends to marry BUT to be honest, my wedding was completely different than those whom have already gotten married so the bee was definitley a help when I was wedding planning 🙂 

Post # 6
767 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

FutureMrsKHBD:  No problem!! I woulda walked blindly through my wedding planning if it wasn’t for the WB

Post # 7
889 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Definitely start arranging/booking as soon as you can…We are in the UK but are having a DW in Northern Italy in June 2015. We booked our venues over a year in advance and have already sent out invites so our guests can save up/book their flights and accommodation. We have a wedding planner and are in the process of choosing our photographer and band etc.

Where are you getting married? 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors