Post # 1
Yeah… soooo… getting married in 4 days. We’re trying to figure out who gets a tip, and how much. What are your thoughts?
The line up:
Hired officiant, already paying $300 and he owns his own business.
Hired String Trio, one of which owns the company, paying $375.
Venue-provided bartenders (3 for five hours)
Two photographers that own their own business. Used business relationship to only spend $1975 for what should be a $3200 package.
Videographer who owns business, plus 3 assistants: $1500
Catering staff… 6 servers, captain, event coordinator: $6500
DJ (owns business): $875
Any thoughts? Thanks!
Post # 3
Are you paying “service fees” for any of the catering staff or bartenders? If not, I think they should all be tipped.
Post # 4
I know we don’t have to tip the business owners but I chose to anyway…
- Hair (owner): She came to the resort and styled myself, all of my ‘maids and my Mother-In-Law (total of 5 women). If I remember correctly, that was about $350. – $50 tip.
- Makeup (non-owner): She came to the resort and did mine and my MOH’s MU. That cost $175. – $50 tip.
- DOC (owner): I actually got her for free through WB. She used as our wedding to bulk up her portfolio. – $100 tip.
- Photog (owner): We paid $900 for our package that was worth at least 3x that. – $100 tip.
- DJ (owner): This is the only one I wish I hadn’t tipped since we weren’t thrilled with him. As a DJ he was fine but he wasn’t prepared and hardly played any of our requested music. We paid him $1000. – $100 tip.
- Venue: 20% service charge was included in our package price. I sent our venue coordinator (who became a friend throughout our planning) flowers after our reception.
Post # 5