(Closed) To all the Sottero & Midgley ADORAE brides =)

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
572 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hey! Dress Twin!

1.  They told me it would take about 4-6 months. 

2.  I am about 5’5″ without heels on, about 5’8″ with shoes on and I’ll prolly need it hemmed up a bit, but not entirely sure yet because I am  wearing a mermaid slip underneath (which makes it poof a little better and also makes the dress a little shorter because it has to cover all the crinoline) I’m not sure about the petite length though…

3.  I have no clue how I’m gonna bustle it up yet, they were really pushing the ballroom bustle (which is where they bustle the entire dress up underneath, so it looks like the train was cropped off) I personally, dont like that because I feel like it makes it look more like an evening gown, but It does keep all the rouching, which is a gorgeous detail! It’s a tricky dress to bustle.  Another lady suggested creating “pick-ups” in the back, but i dont really know how that would look.  I personally was trying to get them to bustle it to the side, but I think the seamstress I talked to thought that there was too much fabric to do that….It looked pretty cool when the girl who sold me the dress was working with me though!

I have pics of the dress on, but not of a potential bustle….

Sorry, haha I guess I wasnt too much help… 

[attachment=1072863,133967] [attachment=1072863,133968]

Post # 4
384 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

i ordered mine last month and should have it in October. Can’t wait!! Love this dress!!!

Post # 6
572 posts
Busy bee

aww thanks!!! 🙂

I LOVE the dress!!! I’m getting the slip from the store where I tried on the dress, most bridal boutiques should sell slips as well, if not, you can see if another shop carries it. (its like spandex through the abdomen, hips and legs and then all the crinoline starts near the knee) I’m wearing it in the picture.

Are you going to do the ballroom bustle? Keep me updated on what you find works best! 

Post # 7
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Hi, I love the adorae.  Just wondering how you girls have found moving in your dress and sitting in it?   I’ve just had my first fitting and all was fabulous until I went to sit! …and the ladies in the shop told me to go even smaller!! Also, have you thought about having to go to the bathroom?  I’m thinking I might need to take the whole thing off! I am getting a side bustle on mine but may need 2 spots to hook it up.  I am also going to wear a mermaid hoop too to give the bottom a bit of kick out so I can walk with more ease.  Let me know how you got on with sitting.  Feeling slightly anxious!!

Post # 8
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Hiya,

I just had my first fitting yesterday… and I am more in love with the adorae now than ever! It always help to have the right size on I guess!

I’m from Australia and have been looking for info on bustling the adorae for a while as I had no real idea what to do. After a long chat with the boutique seamstress yesterday we’ve decided the best (ie safest) way of bustling her for me is a  standard ballroom pickup. I had REALLY wanted to bustle her at the side (to where the bling & material piece is) but she said the train is just a bit too long and weighty? Hmmm… 🙁  

I’m hoping the ballroom bustle should still have a nice look and do justice to the hemline and style. To be honest it’s such a lovely dress we probably can’t go wrong however we want to bustle her!

I’ve gone with actually taking one layer of the netting out; she still has the mermaid look though, just not quite as pronounced. Makes walking a bit easier too, plus she feels less hot to wear.

Didn’t have any issues sitting in it thankfully. But the corset def kept me very upright.

PS I had to have the hem taken up at the front by a good few inches 🙂 

Post # 9
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2011

What I have heard of most people doing is a side bustle.  There are quite a few options for this dress.  I am getting married in a Gazebo over looking the beach and then the receoption will be on the beach so at my appointment they told me they could alter it with a hidden zipper where I could take off the trane and just have a knee length party dress for the reception.  Something to think about if your in a similar situation!  Best of both worlds!

Post # 10
384 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I’m picking up my dream dress over the weekend! I also want to a hidden zipper to make it short. I hope it doesn’t end up costing me an arm and a leg!!

@kshows did they give you an estimate on the zipper?

Post # 11
2 posts
Wannabee

Does anyone have pictures of how you decided to bussle the dress?

Post # 12
48 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

My consultant suggested a French bustle. That’s what I’m going to do 🙂

Post # 13
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@brady3537: Hi. I wanted to see if you are interested in selling your Adorae dress. My wedding is February 26th so I would need it ASAP! Thanks, Kerri

Post # 14
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Hello… I wanted to know if you were interested in selling your Adorae dress. My wedding in in June 4, 2011. I am a size 8. Please let me know ASAP. thanks

Post # 15
2 posts
Wannabee

I would also like this dress. I wear a size 6 in regular dresses but I have been fitting size 10 wedding gowns. I am willing to purchase a genly used one. Just let me know.

Post # 16
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Hi ladies! And congrats to everyone.

I am an Adorae bride as well. My dress came in on 3/8 and I only ordered it on 12/18. I was told this manufacturers lead time is only about 8-12 weeks and the most popular sizes are in stock waiting to ship. I am 5″5′ and ordered the petite as well. When I tried it on, it was laying on the floor even while I was standing on the pedestal. I am having a beach wedding and plan to remove the tulle underneath so it is more like an evening gown and plan to be barefoot for the ceremony.

My bridal salon is doing a bustle UNDER so that the “swirl” of the gown is unaffected.  I was told it is the manufacturers recommended bustle for the gown.

The topic ‘To all the Sottero & Midgley ADORAE brides =)’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors