Post # 1
So, my Fiance, his parents, my mom, and my Maid/Matron of Honor have all decided to go look at halls this June. We want to see a bunch of options and what’s available nowadays. But here’s the big question: do we put a deposit down if we see one we like? My wedding date, as of right now is May 18, 2013 (not for another THREE years). A lot can change in 3 years, but I know for a fact one of the halls we’re looking at has a 2 year waiting list.
What do you think? Should we deposit on a hall if we really like it? Or should we just wait it out more?
Post # 3
I say no. I actually picked my date around my venue availability about 1 year in advance. I think you can at least wait another year since that venue gets booked 2 years in advance if you are 100% sure of that date.
Post # 4
Since it’s 3 years from now, I’d say “no” also. Anything can happen in the next 3 years: venues can close down, new venues can open up….so you never know. I’d say research for now and really decide about 1 year from your event date. Happy planning!
Post # 5
Wait. Don’t be one of those brides that ends up doing everything too early, then wants to change her mind with 6 months left. Really research what you like, if you find a venue you like tell them you are interested, but aren’t comfortable putting a deposit down yet. Then call them every so often and ask how its filling up.