Post # 1
So I have a bit of a problem. So I was supposed to get married in January 2013 but my fiance and I decided to postpone the wedding to November 2013. We sent out the STD months before deciding to change the date and had to send out cards to all of our guests to notify them of the postponement. (We have spent soooo much money on stamps) We have decided on a new date but would like to wait before sharing it with anyone.
The problem is, when we are ready to share the new date with our friends and family I don’t know if we should send a second STD or should we send the invitations at the appropriate time?
What would you do if you were in my shoes?
Post # 3
I’d send out another STD if you are sure of the 2nd date.
Post # 4
I’d actually send an email. Cheaper and easier! And they already have gotten a STD so they know no matter when it is, they’re likely invited.
Post # 5
I’d send out another STD 8-6 months before the wedding date.
Post # 6
Have a look at your guestlist, and see who is on the list without whom you simply cannot imagine getting married. These are the people who matter most to you: to send them a printed form-letter would be cold and impersonal. Send each of them a hand-written note letting them know of your new plans: since they are so close to you they can be trusted to adapt their vacation schedule and social calendar to accomodate your wedding.
Everyone else can make their plans when the actual invitation arrives. You cannot really demand that they “save the date” anyway, and if they have to decline due to a prior engagement it won’t be the end of the world. You’ll save postage, and frankly you’ll be following the more polite course of action.