Post # 1
And I thought I would feel really stressed, but really I’m quite relaxed and at ease! Which is a rare state for me, even before the wedding planning! I feel wonderful! There arent a lot more things for me to do!
I have already set up all final meetings with photographer- later this week. Pastor- next week. DJ- following week. Bridal shower is Sunday, as well as my hair trial. We have gotten responses for about half of the guests.All DIY projects are done!
So whats left to do you ask? Get marriage license. Make escort cards and seating chart. Buy wedding candy.
Post # 3
Getting the marriage license was the moment when I REALLY realized our wedding was coming up. 🙂
Congratulations and I hope you keep your calm! I was calm up until the day before. The beginning of the rehearsal until driving to the venue the next morning are a huge blur of crazy.
Post # 4
Could you please spare some of your relaxation? 😉 I have to:
- Put a seat chart together
- Buy FI’s attire
- Make mock up centerpieces, but it’s going to be pretty simple
- Go to friend’s house to go over everything about the cake/desserts
- Finish playlist and photo must haves
- And remember if there’s anything else!
I’ve touched base with the officiant and photographer so everything is really good to go almost! It’s mostly the little things here and there that need to be taken care of.
Post # 5
Congrats on hitting the 30 day mark!
@Rouquine: Right, could I borrow some of it too? LOL Cuz I’m a flippin’ spastic mess.
I have to:
- Mail info sheet to DJ (I dunno why, but music has just been hard for me to figure out…meh lol)
- Email venue and set up a meeting just to like put myself at ease (lady emailed me and said she had all she needed from me up until the final count is due)
- 2nd Dress fitting on the 21st
- Get centerpiece decorations set up into baggies for each table
- Wrap gifts for bridal party
- Rehearse on the 30th
- Order favors
- Seating chart
- Touch base with photographer and officiant
- Etc……cuz there’s a lot of other little things
Post # 6
I am not sure why I am this content… but I’ll take it!
Post # 7
There are moments of relaxation and ease and others of complete distress and freak-out mode!! Here’s the list of what I need to complete:
- Programs!! That is #1 on this weekend’s agenda to start/finish
- Awaiting RSVP’s
Select a day-of wedding coordinator (this will probably be an aunt and cousin)
Touch base with photographer and DJ ASAP!!
- After next Friday, calling individuals who have not responded to get their response… irritating
Following back around with all of bridesmaids/groomsmen to verify the schedule
- Come up with a list of must-have photographs for the day of the wedding. I just know that it’ll be a whirlwind and that I’ll forget all of the absolute must-have photos that I want unless there is a list put together…
- Phone conference with DJ to determine reception schedule and flow of events throughout (mostly just the order we want to do things, who will be giving speeches, etc)
All while being 4 states away from our wedding location!! This has been a huge challenge all along and has made the process seem that much more time consuming and stressful. We’d booked the church without me seeing it in person (it was FI’s church and I’d seen photos of the interior) and neither of us had ever been to the reception venue when we booked it (at the time there were really basic photos to go off of on website). It’s been an adventure to say the least, and I’m very excited to marry the man of my dreams but oh the work it involves!! 🙂