Post # 1
I previously posted that my FI is Catholic and I am not, and that we’ve been looking for a church to get married in. We had one specific church in mind for the wedding (its right by my FI’s work, where we plan on moving next year when we get married, it is a BEAUTIFUL church, and its en route to our reception location). We called a few weeks, and pretty much got told to call back after Easter.
Well, my FI called today, and they put our wedding date/time on hold for us! We’ve got an appointment on May 8 to go talk to them – which is the Saturday one year before our wedding (May 7!).
I really REALLY hope they agree to marry us! I know it means a lot to my FI 🙂
Post # 3
There shouldn’t be any reason why they woudln’t marry you unless either of you are divorced. As long as one of you is Catholic and they dont’ require you to have been members for a certain number of months before confirming your date, you should be good to go!
Such an exciting thing! Its so fun going to church (most) weeks haha at the church we’re getting married in. I always picture the big day in there. 🙂
Post # 4
I sure hope they’ll agree! We’re completely willing to become members of this chuch (since my FI isn’t techncially a member of the church he currently attends) and to do the required classes. He’s been a catholic his whole life, so there shouldn’t be any waiting periods!
I would totally be envisioning the big day as well! I know i’m going to do that the moment I walk in to see the priest! Hopefully he will say yes, or I think I will be a bit crushed!!
Post # 5
Hi! Are you baptised with another religious denomination? My fiance is agnostic and the priest had a big problem with that! He did not want a person who is “not religious” in any way or form to get married in his church.
How did your meeting go?
Perhaps I should try to find another church :/