(Closed) Total 180 on the original wedding plans…and loving it!

posted 5 years ago in May 2013
Post # 3
286 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Sounds like you changed quite a bit, funny how that happens isn’t it? 

Originally I wanted to get married at this small venue in my hometown with a gazebo for the ceremony and a banquet hall for the reception.  Our colors were Coral and yellow, I bought a organza dress with floral appliques, A line cut, poofy. I imagined white garden chairs with sheppards hooks/pomanders.  Attendant numbers didn’t change (but their dress did, even though one of them bought her original dress… woops). It was going to be more of a spring time thing with cute knee length bm dresses and no jackets for the gm.

Now: I am having a shabby chic wedding at a ranch but my ceremony will be held in the local First Baptist church.  I have tons of mason jars, burlap, twine and ribbon.  I am having a neutral color pallet for the wedding (browns, tans, ivories) and babies breath as my main flower throughout.  My bridesmaids are wearing floorlength plum dresses, the gm full out in black tuxes (groom in grey) with plum vests. For food we are having catered barbeque and a cookie bar, and a chocolate fountain (doesn’t fit the theme but the FI is very excited for this lol!!). 

My dress is now an all over lace fit and flare strapless number, with a long veil with lace trim… complete with all pearl accessories….. basically, yes.  Everything changed, but this is the wedding I originally wanted but didn’t think I could have. 

The topic ‘Total 180 on the original wedding plans…and loving it!’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors