(Closed) Transfers from airport to hotel Paris & Rome

posted 6 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
580 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@MrsElopement: Have you tried speaking to the hotels? Sometimes they help with airport transfers, it’d be worth checking if it’s included or how much more it would be?

Post # 4
5273 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

Agree with the above poster, try asking the hotel if they have a shuttle service. Or honesly, just take a taxi (at least in France, don’t know how I would feel about taking a taxi in Italy.)

Also the metro is a BEAST trying to go through with your luggage. The last time I was in Paris the stupid plastic sliding doors that you have to walk through fast closed on my bag and the attendant just watched as my husband and another man struggled to squeeze my bag through.

Post # 5
1697 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I used public transportation in both cities. WAY cheaper! It was an adventure ( and I didn’t speak Italian or French) and I am glad I did. Most hotels should be able to offer directions to the hotel in english using public transportation. If you want to take a taxi, ask the hotel for which taxi to take ( I remember there was a color everyone told me to make sure I used) and ask the hotel approximately how much it cost to take a taxi to get there so you dont get ripped off! Some hotels also offer town car service from airport. And have shuttle pick ups around town. Because of a delayed and canceled flight I got to Rome at 1 am and still managed to find my way on public transportation ( make sure you get Euros before your trip! I forgot to go to the bank as most US banks do have the currency here in the US and had a hell of a time using the BANCO MAT which is what they call the atm. lol! Lucky for me some guy gave me a Euro to ride the bus!

Post # 7
7904 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

I took the train in Rome. We I was able to go direct to the stop near where I stayed, but Termini is easy to figure out and there is a HUGE bus depot outside. With luggage, though, you might be best to go from the airport to Termini on the train and then take a cab. The airport is REALLY far from Rome, so a cab ride is in my opinion prohibitively expensive.

Post # 8
1137 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

For Paris, I just booked using the following site and it was 17 Euro’s per person each way:

http://www.shuttledirect.com/en/airport/CDG

We booked door to door from the airport to the hotel. We are traveling with 4 people, so it might be more expensive with just 2.

I was told that Taxis are about $60 round-trip. For 4 people and our luggage, we would most likely have needed 2 cabs each way, so this saved us quite a bit of money.

Post # 9
1697 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@mrsSonthebeach:  The airport is a good 20 minute TRAIN ride to the termini from what I remeber!

Post # 11
5993 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

in Paris, from the city to the airport cost us about $80euro but i found the taxi driver/car very good. we used 3 or 4 taxis while in paris and found them all good – would use them again

i also took the TGV train and would skip planes/airlines next time and use these – they are fantastic plus the train we used that arrived in Paris was less than $10euro from our hotel by taxi

Post # 13
11273 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

we used http://www.paris-shuttle.com/default.asp and they were great.  their website will give you immediate quotes.  we booked everything online.

we took the eurostar from london into paris so we were picked up at the train station and taken directly to our hotel.  the train was delayed a lot and i was concerned that they would not be there but they were.  we used them again to take us to the airport. they showed up right on time at our hotel.

Post # 14
4887 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

This thread is SO helpful. Yay!

Post # 15
2889 posts
Sugar bee

I think public transport at both CDG and FCO are annoying. However, the cheapskate in me always takes the 3 metros I seem to need ot get to my hotel in Paris. It is not difficult just annoying, I think one part is only operated by a bus. It costs something like 7 EUR last I checked but we were not staying in the center city. I have also used a car service but be careful if it is traffic time, I missed a flight this way. The last tiem I was in Paris we took the train which was actually super easy because it puts you in the city and you avoid CDG. However, I don’t know if that is realistic for you. Sounds like PPs found good shuttles.

Where I actually have advice is Rome. Check your hotel webpage and see what it says a taxi should cost from the airport and then PRINT that page and bring it with you. Taxi drivers in Rome try to take advantage of tourists and will quote insane prices like 75 EUR. Last time I was there for a work meeting at an airport hotel there were 5 people and we all paid different rates to get there but the guy with the printed statement from the hotel that said it should cost 40 EUR got there for 40 EUR. I paid 50 but was quoted as much as 80 EUR! It was super close but not in a walkable way and most taxi drivers charge an airport minimum. Also in Rome, there are sketchy unmarket taxis. I took one of these but I’m not sure how legit they are. I heard there were busses but my flight got in after midnight so public transport was not an option. I would really trust your hotel on this one as they clearly know the city best. If you don’t have a hotel in ROme yet, PM me and I can give you the email address at a super cute city bed and breakfast. I have not stayed there personally but my friend has and she loved it and I’ve emailed the owner a few times, he’s a German who moved to Italy which means he speaks English. The prices are great for Rome, each room is decorated differently and they have a few apartments and she tells me the location is perfect.

Post # 16
9552 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

@mrsSonthebeach:  THIS. I had heard bad things about the neighborhood around Termini and was a little concerned because our hostel was in that neighborhood, but it was totally fine.

The topic ‘Transfers from airport to hotel Paris & Rome’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors