(Closed) Trial hair & makeup this weekend and I have no idea what I’m doing

posted 6 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Hey,

I think you’re in the same boat as a lot of brides.  So don’t fret!  That’s why you’re having a hair and make up trial.  There are a couple of things you may want to consider for your hair which your stylist should be great to talk to with.  Some things are your face shape, theme of your wedding, do you want a more youthful or mature look, etc.  You can also email your hair stylist to see what their thoughts are before the trial too if you need some professional help.  

I would pick a couple of pictures of hairstyles that really pop out at you and go from there.  At least you’ll narrow down some things. 

In terms of the veil and jewlery, wait till after your hair and make up trial.  Sometimes you’ll get a jist of what you want after the trial is done.  Let us know how it turns out!

Post # 4
16 posts
Newbee

One last thing, if you do want a veil and/or jewlery in your hair, you can definitely have more detail in those items because your dress does not have a lot of embroidery or jewels on it.

Post # 6
16 posts
Newbee

Yay!  I’m glad I could help.  

Post # 7
9552 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’d say try to think about some terms to describe you as a bride. Then your make-up artist can help with things like colors and applications for how to get your look. Some examples off the top of my head, do you want to be:

dramatic

vibrant colors

sunkissed

natural

romantic

Or anything else you can think of.

Post # 9
5405 posts
Bee Keeper

Also think about how you feel the most attractive. For me, I feel far more feminine and beautiful with my hair down, but some people are the complete opposite. Think about when you feel your best, and what elements you like about hair, makeup, etc.

The topic ‘Trial hair & makeup this weekend and I have no idea what I’m doing’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors