Trouble deciding- Essense D1446 and Watters Gloria (long, pic-heavy)

posted 3 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which dress?
    Essense of Australia D1446 : (9 votes)
    22 %
    Watters Gloria : (32 votes)
    78 %
  • Post # 3
    1887 posts
    Buzzing bee

@asbtoabs:  I adore the quality of Watters lace and that gown is stunning, so I voted for Watters Gloria.

Post # 4
    274 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2018

I voted for Gloria. After you described your wedding, I looked at both dresses. To me, the Essence of Australia says formal/church/indoor wedding, but the Watters has a sort of slightly more laid back style that I think sounds perfect for your outdoor plans.

Post # 5
    497 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

I like Gloria, it looks like it would be easier to move around in when at the campfire. You are right about the tulle catching. My gown is tulle and I have to be careful that it doesn’t catch on my engagement ring when putting it on. You can most likely get around that by lifting the gown and the train when walking in the woods, and sitting on somethign like a pillow around the camp fire. You can definitely add an A-line style crinoline to it to increase the fullness. You could also add a tasteful sash if you want your waist to be pulled in more. Though, I really have trouble believing you have a big jelly belly if your a size 4! 😉

I think the other gown would look more at home in a ballroom than in the more natural setting you are describing.

Post # 6
    1773 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

WattersWatersheds x 1000000000!

Post # 8
    461 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

Watters for sure. I actually tried that on, too! (I tried on so many Watters dresses, and I was sure I’d end up with one, but I didn’t.) I think the lace is so multidimensional and pretty, and I really wouldn’t worry about anything getting caught in it. I was told you can add a petticoat or crinoline to give it more oomph; check with your seamstress but it’s a really cheap addition and generally very easy.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors