- 3 years ago
- Wedding: September 2013
i saw this picture on pinterest and decided that it would be cute as the guestbook.
I will be making it a wall hanging not a stand like pictured.
This is the rough “draft” of mine below
The Mr/Mrs. are 8″x5.5″ letters and the rest are 12″x8.5″ letters. purchased from consumercrafts.com
I will be adding an “&” between Mr/ Mrs
I want to hang it in my house after the wedding.
Now i am unsure of a few things.
- Will this be enough space for my guest to sign? We are having roughly 150 guest. The sign itself measures 20″ tall x 47″ long. I could always ask guest to sign small.
- Should I mount the name to something to create more signing space? like a canvas or a frame? I saw a post on here and she is using a mirror. I like the idea but I am afraid of it breaking and thus leading us to lose our guestbook.
- what color do I paint it? I was thinking black and guest can sign in silver. Should I go with a wedding color? My wedding colors are purple, brown and silver. I am leaning towards the black because then i wont have to worry about it matching my home decor.
- What kind of paint should i use? I was thinking of using a chalkboard paint. I figured the rough texture would help catch the ink. Or will plain matte paint work?
- what kind of pen to have guest sign with? I could go with the always trusty silver sharpie pen or i could use the old school silver gel pens. I dont want to use paint pens because it might smear onto peoples clothing or other guest might smear other guest signature.