trying to lose weight and get fit for my June 2015 wedding!!!

posted 2 years ago in Fitness
Post # 2
1362 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Turf Valley

Of course it’s doable!  What I did was:

Cut out any type of food that has a drive-thru window!  Eat more lean meats and veggies.  Cut out pasta and bread as much as possible (in fact, I cut out eating out a lot). 

I go to the gym 3-4 times a week for about 30-50 minutes each time.  I am generally doing a mixture of cardio and strength training.  I started this 3 weeks ago and I’ve already slimmed down a lot.  🙂  

Post # 4
769 posts
Busy bee

Yep, you totally can so long that you are consistent. I try to do a 80/20 diet: 80% clean eating and 20% cheat meals. I tried to do 90/10 and it did not work. I think it’s all about finding the right balance that works for your body.

I go to the gym 3-4 a week and I can see some results already.

Good luck and congrats on your engagement 🙂

Post # 7
566 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Bride2Bee2015:  my suggestion is pilates / yoga. but if you’re looking for some hard core definition, pick up boxing/kickboxing. even rock climbing. i did all of the above and got amazing core muscels and arm / back definition. as for ab exercises, sit ups wont work anymore, don’t use those ab machines either that wont work. side jackknives and planks work. also using the wheel where you are on your knees and have to roll it out and roll it back in will work. those are all (and many more) that i had to do for boxing. you just need to push your body now outside its comfort zone and do something insanely physical. worked for me – went from 170 to 130 and i am 5″7 too. 

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  ScubaSiren.
Post # 9
163 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I am fairly similar to you – about 5’7-5’8ish and my weight currently hovers around 135. In the past year I’ve lost about 30 pounds (can’t believe I let myself get so heavy). Portion control really worked for me. I didn’t cut out any major food groups because I love bread and I have an extreme sweet tooth. I just limited myself to about 1500 calories per day and I was losing about a pound a week. 

I also second the PP who suggested yoga. I started practicing yoga on a regular basis and it has helped me tone up so much more than I thought it would. I practice more intense, high energy vinyasa classes and I am always sore the next day. It’s not a cheap hobby to pick up but it is so worth it. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors