(Closed) UGH. Where can I go for $2,000?

posted 9 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
1042 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

How about resorts in Hawaii?

Post # 4
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Would you be willing to book something last minute?  I have had good experiences with site59 (now lastminute.com).  But for the week between Christmas and New Year’s, it might be a little risky…

Post # 5
1962 posts
Buzzing bee

Sign up for Travelzoo top 20 and newsflash today.  You will find your perfect honeymoon/vacay/whatever.  And from STL there are always deals.  The recession has definitely put travel within reach.  PM me if you want more travel advice.

Post # 7
1962 posts
Buzzing bee

Also cheapcaribbean has tons of stuff

Post # 8
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

We’re going to Disney World and staying in their Carribean Beach Resort 🙂 

Post # 9
1514 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

The biggest cost at that time is probably the airfare, it’s so high that time of year unless you wait for the last minute deals (if there are any).  What about Florida or the Keys?

Post # 10
7054 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I second cheap carribbean and would like to add in bookit.com!

Post # 11
1220 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Post # 12
599 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

We got airfare and hotel in Bermuda for under $2000. Have you thought about renting a house on the Outer Banks in North Carolina? That can be fun!

Post # 13
126 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Your biggest obstacle is that you’re traveling during peak holiday season (especially for Europeans) to a beach destination (most people want to go to warmer places for the winter).

To score a deal, you’re either going to have to change your dates, risk it at the last minute, or change your destination to some place that isn’t as popular in the winter.  Is your heart set on the beach? 

Post # 14
6010 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

I went to New Orleans one time in January, and it was fun.  It was still warm (ok, warm for me!) and there’s lots to do.  You couldn’t do the laying-on-the-beach type of vacation, but you could go on swamp tours, stay at a plantation, hit jazz clubs etc… 

Also, you could check into Las Vegas.  Sometimes really awesome travel packages come up so that you can get tickets, hotel stays, and even dinner coupons for dirt cheap.  One of my co-workers found a deal last year for a round-trip flight from Montana, three nights at Ceasar’s, and a dinner/show package for $400/person right afte the new year!  🙂  And here’s a website I found to do Vegas on a budget:  http://www.cheapovegas.com/index.php.  

Post # 15
4466 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

That’s definitely a peak (read: expensive) traveling time due to being right during the holidays.  Are your dates flexible?

Post # 16
5399 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I can’t wait to hear the responses for this, except we are hoping to go somewhere around this time next month. 

The topic ‘UGH. Where can I go for $2,000?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors