UK bees – please show me your e-rings in the £1500-£2000 range

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
2052 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@MsBeer:  Hi! My ring cost about £1540 from a shop in Hatton Garden, London. I highly recommend you look there or in the Birmingham jewellery quarter if you can, because we got a lot more for our money than we would have done on the high street. We ordered in person but you can also order online. Specs are: 0.45 centre stone, 0.15 sides, F-G colour, SI clarity, palladium. Hope this helps.

Post # 4
494 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

This is my ering which is a 0.51 (because that 0.01 sure counts! 😀 lol) E colour SI1 (though I can’t see them at all, even witht the loop he gave us!) I had a ring size of Q there (but I have lost two ring sizes so now it feels pretty big lol) and cost just short of £2k. 

We went to a tiny jewellers in Manchester where you pick the loose stones so you know exactly which one you get, unlike Tiffanys (where we were originally heading), Goldsmiths etc where you pick a catergory and hope for the best. My inclusions are white, I believe, but if I’d had an SI1 with a black one in the centre then it may be more noticeable I think, so for us it was really important to see the exact stone I was getting before we made a choice on where to compramise (evidently, with an E SI1 it was the clarity not colour)

Hope that helps! 😀 And congrats! x

Post # 5
10219 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

GORGEOUS Rings Ladies… never seem to see enough of the UK Bees Rings, so I am happy to see this topic.

Lol @LeopardPrintBee: as that old Looney Tunes Cartoon goes…

“I think I saw a Puddy Tat Tweety Bird… I did, I did”

What a surprise that was !!

Post # 6
248 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I don’t really know the specs, but I know it’s 1.5, and it cost him £1950. Sorry about the glarey photo.

Post # 7
494 posts
Helper bee

@This Time Round lol thanks! 😀 I was trying to get a side picture and she decided that no, it was not ring picture taking time, it was cuddling her time! 😀 She is a soft bugger 🙂 x

Post # 8
5421 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2014

@MsBeer:  Yay, a UK bees thread!

Mine cost £1800; it’s a custom-made replica of my original engagement ring, which was from H Samuel (basically, the original is 9ct white gold and poor-quality diamonds; but I was totally in love with the design).

0.66 TCW, 7 D VVS1 excellent-cut stones surrounded by diamond melee, in platinum:

Post # 10
248 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

@MsBeer:  Thank you! I forgot to put, it’s from a bespoke jewellers called Timothy Roe, in Chichester, West Sussex. 

Post # 11
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Hey,

I got mine from Hatton Gardens as well – they have a mix of second hand and jewlerry shops as well. I think mine was just over the £2k mark but not much – I would really reccommend going there.  I didn’t even go to a proper shop i went to a counter within one of the stores and I was able to choose my diamond and tell them how I wanted the ring to look – Im a bit greedy and I wanted a 4k ring but FI reined me and I’m still delighted with what I got – this pic is with my wedding band as well x

Post # 12
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’ve been thinking of starting a UK rings post for ages! I like to see whats popular, the norm etc compared to the states. My ring was 2,700 though from a shop in the Birmingham jewelry quarter called Diamond Heaven. We’d gone back for a second look at some of my favorites in another independant store only to find i didnt like any of them anymore! So we walked around all the stores again, went into this one, explained I wanted a vintage/vintage inspired setting and they just happened to have my setting in the back that had been ordered by someone to see in store. I immidiately fell in love so after that we just picked a loose stone to go in it. They have hundreds to suit all budgets. Would definately recommend!

Post # 13
494 posts
Helper bee

@MsBeer thank you! 🙂 Do let us know what you pick! x

Post # 15
956 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@MsBeer:  Not sure if you’re considering other gemstones, but here’s mine:

It’s a 1.25 ct Amora moissanite set in platinum. I don’t actually remember the total price but it was within your range. My ring was custom made by a jeweller in America, and we went there to get it, but before finding them we were looking in Hatton Garden. We made several trips there and it was a lot of fun! I know there are a few UK Bees with moissanite gemstone rings, I think most of them ordered from the States.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors