UK Bees post your 2013/14 dresses

posted 3 years ago in United Kingdom
Post # 4
370 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Just started looking, as the wedding isn’t going to be until November 2014!

I’m considering this one from Sincerity Bridal. The price isn’t too bad at £720 but I’m not sure it’s any good for the winter. I’m hoping for something with a sweetheart neckline and some nice detail around the waist. All the wedding web sites say that as a petite bride I should be looking for an empire waist though!

Early days yet but it’s an option! Just don’t want to go too mad and spend £££ on something I’m only going to wear once! Can’t help but fall for pretty dresses though!

Post # 6
159 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

This is mine! Allure C267. Such a lucky find. Still want to get a petticoat for the bottom, and i need a ridiculously low back bra that i can stuff with chicken fillets haha. Trying to not have her altered so that i can sell it after for a decent amount, since she was 3X my budget… 🙁 x

Post # 8
159 posts
Blushing bee

@CatyLady:  This is going to sound so stalkey – do you have photos of you in the dress before and after the cups? I got told also that because im quite small chested they may not do much, and because the dress is low back it wouldnt push up so much?

Thankyou! Yeah i found 4 or 5 places in London that stock them, but the whole time didnt even realise that the shop 3 miles from my house is the UK importer for Allure, so every allure dress in the Uk goes through there. They do quite big discounts if you buy their samples, which are amazing condition.

Post # 10
73 posts
Worker bee

I have my first appointment on Thursday. It’s 14 months out but my mom is in town so we thought we’d to an exploratory visit while she is here. Looked at the venue today so hoping to get an idea of what I want.

Post # 11
2053 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I have my first appointment next week so hopefully I will have a dress to contribute to this thread soon!

Post # 13
370 posts
Helper bee

@CeeBeeUK:  

@Audrey2:  

Looking forward to seeing your dresses!

Found another dress I like — I think this one might be better for a November wedding. Not sure of the cost though but hopefully in the same sort of price range as the other Sincerity one I posted above above.

I’m new to this wedding dress shopping — can anyone recommend any other brands for me to consider? I’m interested in Sincerity because I like the dresses and the price is right. My budget is around £750, I suppose.

Post # 14
159 posts
Blushing bee

@CatyLady:  Ah okay! Ill have to discus it with my seamstress when the time comes then. Thanks!

Post # 16
370 posts
Helper bee

@CatyLady:  Thanks! I’ll have a look. I’d go into a bridal shop only I think it’s a bit too early until the new year.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors