- 2 years ago
- Wedding: September 2014
For a background, my FI proposed in June of 2013. We had discussed that our wedding would be in January 2015 and we will be doing it in my home country. Few months after the proposal, we found out his mom can’t fly for long trips overseas due to blod clot issue in her leg which i understand. i don’t want to be the reason for anything serious. In short, no specific wedding planning took place in 2013. First quarter of 2014, his younger brother got a job in San Diego, CA. FI told me that we could go there by September this year for a vacation and get married (elope) at the same time. We even started looking at wedding rings. I’m even cool with having a wedding officiated by a judge, i’ve told him about that. On a side note: we already own a house and while waiting/planning for the wedding, he is also checking into houses for sale. He wants us to move to a bigger house. Just recently, we saw a house that we both love and considered putting an offer. With that being said, wedding planning would be shelved again if we get this house. I even joked that we could get married in our backyard. Anyways,it has a nice view especially on summer/fall. When friends asked me about our wedding planning etc. i would just casually tell them that if it happens then it will. Don’t want to plan anymore. Let it be…..I guess I’m also a waiting bee….waiting for FI to get serious with the wedding planning. Thanks for reading…..I guess, I’m just venting out my frustrations.