under $500 for DIY flowers!!

posted 3 years ago in Flowers
Post # 3
Hostess
15072 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

What a great deal. I can’t wait to see how it turns out. 

Post # 4
3265 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

I will be DIYing my flowers! We’re getting 100 black magic (dark red) roses for just under $180. It would have been less expensive ($130) if I didn’t drag my feet on it but that’s what I get for procrastinating.

Post # 6
8425 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

@eecuadrado:  floral tape is pretty inexpensive, same thing with the pins (I got mine with a 40% off coupon from Michaels).  DIYing flowers really isn’t as hard as you may think, in fact, I think it was one of my easier DIYs.

Post # 9
3265 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

@eecuadrado:  You bet I’ll be posting them! I’m ordering them to be delivered the Wednesday before my Saturday wedding.

Post # 10
567 posts
Busy bee

@eecuadrado:  I just made a post today about DIY flowers!!!

I am wanting to do them via Cosco’s and do 90 Hydrangas and 125 pink roses, 125 peach roses, and 100 white roses for a total of $500!!

I would like to get greenery too but I don’t know where to get that.  I am so pumped that I am going to have a TON of gorgeous flowers for cheap!  I want to get them 2 days before my wedding:) and do them Thurs with my wedding being saturday.

Are you worried at all they may wilt?  Or die before the wedding?

That is a concern of mine, but it seems like if you keep them watered they should be fine:)

I am wanting to do 5 of these huge ones

and about 10 of these smaller ones

Post # 11
8425 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

@eecuadrado:  Thanks 🙂  I was able to get all of my decorating done for $400 (including $320 for flowers) which saved me a ton of money.  I was a bit of a penny pincher since we were paying for the wedding ourselves, it just wasn’t in the budget to spend thousands at the florist.  I also used solo cups instead of floral foam to cut costs.

Looking down into the top of the box (before flowers were arranged in the cups)

Post # 12
8914 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

That’s awesome!  Just make sure you have a team of people willing to help, so you don’t have to do it all yourself.  I was so busy the day before and morning of the wedding that I didn’t do anything with flowers, but my aunts and cousins made 50-some centerpieces and my bouquet.  Flowers were all out of my dad’s garden  🙂

Post # 13
8914 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

@housebee:  so beautiful!

Post # 14
951 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@eecuadrado:  I’m jealous!  I wasn’t sure how much time (or talent) I’d have for flowers so I still went with a florist.  3 bouquets, 6 corsages, cake flowers, aisle decor (includes extra large vase rentals) and 1 large centerpiece… total over $1000.  🙁

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors