(Closed) Under $5,000 budget venues?

posted 5 years ago in Money
Post # 3
35 posts
  • Wedding: June 2013

How many guests are you planning to have? The lowest cost weddings I’ve seen were at a community center or at someone’s house. If you don’t have very many guests, you could also have a private party at a restaurant. They normally only charge you for food and drinks, no room rental.

Post # 4
190 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

You’ll have to start thinking about places that traditionally don’t host weddings.  I’m doing mine at a small historical village, but look at community centers, parks, museums, etc.  There will be places in all those categories that do weddings (think natural history museums and then places that don’t– go for the less popular places!)

The BEST way to drive down costs is to avoid mandated caterers.  You’d be surprised what kind of good food you can get for next to nothing when they aren’t in the wedding business!

Post # 5
2693 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

We’re paying just under $2000 for food and venue (not alcohol).  We’re just renting a space (a huge event space) and bringing in our own caterer, a company that found me apparently. 

I think if you look for venues off the beaten path that will allow you to bring in your own food, you could definetly do a wedding for less than $5000.  My wedding is costing about 5 grand for 150 guests.  A budget venue is out there for you, you have to keep looking.

Post # 6
7992 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2013 - UK

Everyone else has given most of you the advice I would give already. We found a venue for £1,000 (1,500US). That price includes set up time the day before, a full day’s rental until midnight on the day, a fully equipped kitchen, and a bar. However, it does not include food or staffing costs.

The key is to avoid places which do package deals like the plague, as well as places that charge you corkage or don’t allow you to bring in external caterers. They are huge rip offs. Our venue is in a stately home which has been converted into council offices and has a registry office and reception venue on the ground floor. They don’t even advertise properly online… found them via a complete fluke. I suggest you start driving around your local area looking for suitable places, to be honest. Any church hall or space you could use should be up for grabs. Good luck!

The topic ‘Under $5,000 budget venues?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors