Post # 1
So far I think we have everything. I can name off a few things I still am working on:
The transportation … limos or whatever
Dance floor (if I have a different one from the venue … which is $$$ so I’m fighting back and fourth negotiating)
Ring pillow (shoot just remembered this)
Still must do the tastings
Still have to go give the other half of the money I owe on dress + have fittings
Take dance lessons we bought … a pkg of =)
Hmm … everything is done. What about everyone else?
Post # 3
It is approaching so fast let’s see:
Dance lessons start tomorrow
Print wedding program this weekend
Seating Chart/Escort Cards after the rsvp deadline
OOT bags after we get a count once the hotel deadline passes *have most of the pieces
Favors – after we have our final count
Finish our guest book we are making a photo coffee table book with pictures of our city and our story
One final gift to pick up
I think that is it!
Post # 4
Oh yeah I have the seating chart too … but once the rsvps come in … the deadline is October 3rd!!!!!!!!!!
Hmmm… I haven’t decided if I’m having programs or not. I actually forgot to add a detail I haven’t even done yet … but am set to plan on Saturday … the ceremony Ahh. I still haven’t done the ceremony. =)
Post # 5
I’m pretty much done at the moment, looking for a suit for FI this weekend, then just need to get my dress fitted and final meetings with the photog,caterer & florist.
Post # 6
We have a lot of little stuff to do – get program info to my DIY aunt (which requires us to pick readings and songs…), do song list for band, pick first dance stuffs, purchase gifts, notes for out of town bags….
45 days today and counting!
Post # 7
You guys should have a glass of wine and relax!
I am planning from afar so there’s some DIY things that I cannot do until I get across the country.
This is what I have left before I leave:
- last dress fitting (9.16)
- cut, color and hair trial (need to do it right bf I leave)
- a bunch of DIY projects all in the works. My local BMs are coming over on Sunday for a crafty brunch
- call people who haven’t RSVP’d (Sept. 5)
- send out/invite second list of people after RSVP cut off (after Sept. 5th)
- figure out OOT bags
- gift for FI
- I still don’t have a florist 🙁 but we are working on it
- Vows and I may need to change my JOP (long story)
- Ship whatever I can to my mothers (next week)
There are definitely tiny things to do but these are the major ones. Still I feel pretty good about my to do list. Now if I could stop purchasing little things I see that would be so cute to have. Must. Stop.
Post # 8
It is so nice to see how much shorter our lists are now, compared to a few months ago!! My to do list:
~ still deciding on programs
~ buying candy for my favors
~ gifts for parents, groomsmen and ring bearers!!
~ get marriage license (FI should be getting that on Friday)
Gosh, I think that is it!!
Good Luck to the rest of the October Brides!!!
Post # 9
Pay off: Photographer, favors, preacher
~Get marriage license
~get hair and nail appointment set
~get bowls for candy at tables
~gifts for all of bridal party
~last dress fitting end of September
Seems like a small list but still lots of $$$ to go and not lots to spend any suggestions on bridal party gifts for cheap? I know that sounds bad but we are in a real bind here.
Post # 10
48 days ladies, and counting! Eep!
I still have to:
- iron out the ceremony/vows
- plan music for ceremony, dinner & reception
- finish escort cards, table numbers & menus
- make jewelry for me and my gals
- make my veil
- make card box
- re-order FIs shirt because it arrived too short – argh!
- figure out a gift for my fabulous MC & ring bearer
- order lanterns for aisle
But we accomplished our most important task on Friday – we got our marriage licence – woohoo!
Post # 11
Oh wow, my list is still really long — and we’ve only got less than 4 weeks! Here’s my scary long list:
- Set up hair appointment
- Send in final head count and bar choices (beer/wine)
- Meet with DJ
- Pick a rehearsal dinner spot (Can’t believe this one is taking so long!)
- Gather all items for reception decor **This one is a doozy, which branches out into it’s own ridiculous list**
- Select ceremony music & finalize ceremony with officiant
- Write our vows
- Finalize the schedule for others
- Finish seating chart
- Decide on and order dessert
- Print photo sharing cards and maps
- Assemble favors
- Figure out transportation
- Make direction signs for ceremony
- Assure we have our permits
- Write our reception intros for the wedding party
Regardless of how much I have to do (FI is away at that fire in LA for at least 10 more days!), I am so frickin’ excited!! Anyone else getting giddy at this point?!
Post # 12
get a bustle for dress
get he/said she said video done
print bathroom baskets, directional signs, out of town baskets, water bottle paperwork
thank you payments
finalize/confirm flowers, music, reception, cake, emcees (all friendors)
Get cardbox from friend
Blow up a picture of us
Make table/escort cards, seating chart, finish up favors
Make reservations for rehearsal dinner
Make waxing and nails appointment
Call back RSVP’s
Pick up marriage license
Pack for honeymoon
Shop for some more wedding week clothes….Yahoo!!