- 4 years ago
- Wedding: June 2013
See me in my dress below (sorry for those of you who have seen these photos 1000 times. They are the only pics I have of me in my dress, or of my dress at all…)
As you can see in the 2nd photo, I definitely need an undergarment. I don’t want a pantyline, and the fabric/fit of the dress is not very forgiving, and I want everything to be smooth.
Keep in mind, we are having 2 receptions, one of which is in Southern Turkey in the middle of August. I know I signed up for a hot wedding when we agreed to celebrate in Turkey, but I don’t want to be sweating even more than I already have to. 🙂
Issue 1: Shapewear
1. Should I get Spanx (or something similar) that are a highwaisted “shorts” type of fit? I feel like that offers the least coverage (ie. less hot) but I’m afraid that the end of the shorts/hem/seam will show through the dress. (I can’t try it on now to see where the dress stops being so “fitted” because it’s at the seamstress’ shop)
(Another bee suggested these and she [among other reviewers] point out that these don’t roll due to boning. Non-rolling is very important, especially in a dress like mine.)
2. Should I get a Spanx (or something similar) that are longer (to the knee or below) to ensure that a. they don’t roll, and b. there’s no visible seam/end.
Issue 2: Bra/Booster
1. Should I do sew in cups (again, I don’t want to be too hot/very uncomfortable in Turkey) with padding built in (I want a boob boost) like this:
2. Should I do a strapless bra with push up built in sewn into the dress, like this:
3. Should I do a strapless bra sewin into the dress with “chicken cutlets”?
Also, if anyone has any product suggestions not listed here, PLEASE feel free to suggest!