(Closed) Unique & Complicated, or Charming & Easy …Help!

posted 10 years ago in Los Angeles
Post # 3
323 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

#2.

From what you’ve posted, it sounds like it’s more like you. The estate will be a lot of work, but it will be memorable especially if you’ve involved friends and you have enough time to plan creative options.

sounds beautiful!

Post # 4
2 posts
Wannabee

I think it sounds like to me that you like #2 the best!

Post # 5
536 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2018 - The Desmond Hotel in Malvern, PA

Agreed…. #2 sounds amazing and worth the extra set-up/cleanup if you’ll have that much more time to make use of the venue, and it will be a more worthwhile trip for your guests.  Plus being able to party as late as you want sounds great!  Closing up shop at 9 pm at #1 sounds like it could be a bummer. 

Post # 7
217 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

#2.  Recently attended a wedding at a big estate – but it really wasn’t that confusing.  Get a DOC (or DOC plus), and they are good at moving people from one part to the next when the time is right.  Another super cute and fun option is to put the map on coasters.  If you are only doing one color font, you can get custom coasters for very cheap, and then everyone knows where everything is.  Go with #2.  I live in San Diego, and I’d rather attend #2 (and I’m getting married on a vineyard!) – but the place you are talking about is cute, but not practical for a fun wedding weekend.

Congrats! Choosing a venue is sooo exciting 🙂  Erin 

Post # 8
153 posts
Blushing bee

I love #2, no time limits, bringing your own liquor could save you alot of money, and it sounds really fun!! 

Post # 9
212 posts
Helper bee

i’m sold on the day after pool party/brunch so #2.  it would be great for out of town guests to make a wknd of it!

Post # 10
754 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2008

Is there really a choice?  Two sounds perfect.  I was waiting for you to say the estate was crazy expensive or something.  It really sounds too good to be true.  I am jealous!

Post # 12
2293 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

You should totally go with what you feel will be memorable and lovely for that night.  We were considering a beautiful old estate, but actually decided it wouldn’t work for a couple of the same issues you have – no good place for everyone on our guest list to gather (it’s a house, after all, mostly small rooms), no good place for the ceremony except for outside, and traffic, traffic, traffic, which was problematic from the perspective of sound, exhaust smell, and really limited outside photo options (due to the presence of cars and roads).  If we were having a much smaller gathering (less than 50) it probably would have been better.  Interestingly enough, the thing that really tanked it for me was the traffic noise.  The rest we could have worked around…

The venue we picked (country club) has gorgeous lawns, trees, streams, and a huge balcony for guests to get outside if the would like.  It’s also essentially in the middle of the golf course, so you don’t hear (or see) any traffic!!

Post # 13
402 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2008

I vote for 2 since you’re asking opinions.

it gives you the cool vibe you were going for. plenty of stuff ro peopel to do. you wont have to cut off your partying early. you could possibly save more money by getting locals to help…….you genuinely sound more excited about #2 than #1.

CONGRATS on almost choosing a venue!

Post # 14
136 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

#2 would be my choice. It sounds FABULOUS!

Post # 15
38 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2008

I vote for #2, just the way you write your email shows how excited you are for the second spot.

Have fun!!  It sounds so awesome, I am so happy for you! 

Post # 16
2030 posts
Buzzing bee

#2 hands down. We went with our own version of "unique and complicated" and we’ve never regretted it!

The topic ‘Unique & Complicated, or Charming & Easy …Help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors