Post # 1
My bridal shower is this weekend and we cant think of fun, unique and not cheesy games to play! By cheesy I mean games that get played so many times that people actually dont look forward at all to the games at a shower. Does anyone have any cool ideas??????
Post # 3
My girlfriend did two at my shower that was fun.
1. Costumes- She wrapped 3 costumes in box and set a timer. we passed the boxes around the room like hot potatoe. When the timer went off you had to open the box and get the costume out along with instructions. One costume was a hula skirt and lei. Any time someone mentioned wedding or marriage the girl had to get up and do the hula. The second costume was a punk rock hat and anytime someone said my FI’s name she got up and did old school dance steps like MC Hammer. The 3rd one was beer goggles and it was her job to keep my glass full all during the shower/party. This was my lingerie shower/bach party.
2. We played catch phrase but instead of using the words that came with the game my friend made cards up that had words significant to my relationship with FI. For example, one card had the name of the location we met on it. etc. It was fun because people didn’t get what their card meant until afterwards when they were revealed.
Post # 4
I’ve seen 2 good ones:
A list of a bunch of TV couples – you have to guess the first names of the people. For instance: The Simpsons – __________ & __________ Simpson, Sex and the City – _________ & _________ Goldenblatt
There were a bunch and it was really fun. They used old and new. PM me if you like this idea and I can give you the names they used.
The other one was:
Call the groom and ask him questions about the relationship/bride. For instance – what did she wear on your first date? What first attracted you to her? Where was your first kiss?
The bride then has to answer how she thinks the groom would answer. For every wrong answer, she has to put a gumball in her mouth and keep it there. If she gets a lot wrong, she ends up with a huge wad of gum in her mouth. THis one is pretty funny!
Post # 5
I’m hosting a shower in a few weeks, and we’re going to play bridal pictionary telephone. It’s REALLY a fun game normally– but I’m going to ask the ladies to make their topics wedding related. Here’s how it works:
1) Each person is given a stack of cards. There are as many cards as there are people playing.
2) Each person writes her topic down. I’m making a 30-60 second time limit after the passing begins so the game doesn’t take forever!
3) When everyone has written down her topic, each person passes her entire stack of cards to the left. The next person looks at the written topic, puts that card to the back of the stack, and draws the picture on the next card in the stack. No one is allowed to look at the cards on the back of the stack– only the one on top! It’s also important that your neighbor not see what you are immediately passed, since they have to look at your interpretation of it in the next pass.
4) Pass to the left again. This person looks at the picture, moves it to the back, and writes what they believe the topic is.
5) Pass again…etc. until the stack is back to the original player. Then each person goes through and shows what the original topic was and how it was construed!
Post # 6
i always like the one where you have teams and you make them choose one person to dress in a wedding dress out of toilet paper. Sounds crazy I know. Each team gets a few rolls of toilet paper and they have to dress the person as creatively as they can. I don’t know if this is a game that is played a lot or not at bridal showers.
Post # 7
I kind of secretly like the TP dress one too, but its definitely more common if you’re looking for unusual games.
We did “Kiss the Pop Star” at my friend’s (conservative religious) bachelorette a few years ago – all you need is bright red lipstick, a cheap poster of any good looking man, and a scarf to use as a blindfold. Then you take turns kissing the poster blindfolded, after being spun around. Kind of like Pin the Tail on the Donkey but not quite as childish.
I also really love writing down what the bride says at the lingerie shower (as she opens gifts) and then reading it back as things she’ll say on her honeymoon (stuff like, “OMG that’s so tiny!” and “I’ve never seen anything like that before” and “How does this even work?!”)