Post # 1
This is my first ever wedding bee post! 🙂 And I, of course, am some seeking advice.
Me and my finacee wanted to have a very unique, very fun wedding reception. We thought we found the perfect spot:
Bowling? Retro sci fi decorations? Unbelievably cheap, but delicious catering? Score!
We loved it when we visited! It was exactly what we wanted and they’d even let us set up TVs with Wiis, among other things. Unfortunately, they also told us that in all likelihood, they will be moving next summer and that if we want to have our reception there, we’d have to do it by Jan. We’re funding the shindig ourselves, so that’s just not feasible.
So I come to you asking you brilliant ladies for unique venues in the Boston/Massachusetts area! I have already inquired into the Aquarium and Science Museum, but they’re way too expensive. We want to keep things on the "not paying back for the rest of our lives" side.
Right now, we’re thinking of doing things on the beach, but haven’t come up with tons of ideas of keeping things casual and fun, especially in the unfortunate event of inclement weather.
Thanks for reading my unnecessarily long post!
Post # 3
I went to school in Boston for 4 years and I sure do miss that city. Here are a few places that I’ve been to that came to my mind:
- Jillian’s of Boston – very similiar to Milky Way, except it’s HUGE! All kinds of different games to do there as well – pool, bowling, poker, etc.
- The Beehive – old boiler room turned into very unique cafe that can seat up to 400 people; very artist studio-y feeling.
- Have you tried looking into the Backbay Fens? My dorm room was right on the edge of the Fens and it was always a nice, calm place with gardens (Fenway Victory Garden), plenty of open space, etc. I’m not sure if you can hold functions there, but I thought I’d throw it out just in case.
- Faneuil Hall – it’s a very large place with many different restaurants, spaces. Maybe you could find something there or even rent some space at Quincy Market.
That’s all I could think of, off the top of my head. If I think of anymore, I’ll add them.
Post # 4
Have you tried the Massachusetts board on the Knot??? I’m sure all the girls on there who are local to Boston would have great ideas for you!
Post # 5
- Wedding: June 2008 - St. Catherine of Genoa, Jin Asian Cuisine Restaurant
Meg, in addition to the suggestions from Marla above, also try Kings!