- 9 years ago
- Wedding: September 2009
I wanted to share with you a unique way I was able to include friends minus the MOH/BM drama.
I didn’t want a wedding party because of the following:
1. My fiance’s been married before
2. I didn’t know how to navigate feelings with the choosing of MOH and BMs
3. Being a BM is expensive and my close friends are strapped for cash
4. I don’t give a crap what color dresses people wear and I didn’t want to deal with it
5. Oh many the Hive is just full of BM drama stories – I want to still love my friends post wedding 😉
However, I really wanted to include my best friends in a way that made them feel special. My fiance felt the same way, so we asked 2 of them to Officiate, and a bunch of others to guide us through various wedding traditions. For example our Hindu friends are walking us through the sapta padi, Muslim friend are doing a Muslim reading, Christian, Jewish, etc…
Well anyway just an idea to throw out for anyone else who might want an alternative to a wedding party.