- 4 years ago
I wrote this thread two weeks ago.
Thought I’d give an update. SO and I went into the Jeweller last weekend and was told they still don’t have the diamond, it’s at customs. The Jeweller said that some of the employees have been of sick, so they haven’t had anyone to go out to customs to pick up the package. I tried to be understanding and keep a smile on my face, but deep down I’m really disappointed and still am. It’s now been 7-8 weeks and we’ve seen no progress on the ring whatsoever. The Jeweller did say that he has an artist impression of the ring, but didn’t have it there, so we couldn’t see it, and that the diamond will “definitely be in THIS week”. At this stage he sounds like a broken record to me. He also said he’s expecting other stones for the ring to come up from Melbourne this week.
I want to trust this Jeweller, he seems like a really nice guy, but the delays just seem to go on forever and my suspicions are starting to tingle. I’ve asked SO to not make any more payments (He’s already paid half of it) until we see some sort of progress, he agreed. i’m kinda at a loss as to what to do. I figure we’d give him until next week and if he says they still don’t have the diamond, I’m going to suggest to SO we ask for a refund and take our business elsewhere.
What would you ladies do in this circumstance?