- 5 years ago
- Wedding: May 2014
Hey y’all! Thank you all so much for your responses to my original post.
If you aren’t familiar with what what happened; here’s the original post: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/my-moh-tried-to-kill-herself-what-do-i-do#axzz2erjVupjY
Since so many of you took your time to lend support, cuss me out, and encourage me to reach out to my friend; I wanted to take the time to update y’all on where we are now.
- She was hospitalized for 72 hrs immediately following the incident. She didn’t have her phone & couldn’t have non-family visitors. I spoke with one of her family members each day. Immediately upon her release; she texted me “How mad at me are you”? I did not respond- I had taken 1.5 days off work to try to deal; and I was still crying intermittently. I couldn’t talk right then.
- The night she is released from the hospital; she is on Instagram/ Foursquare out on the town. The following day she is on Twitter making jokes about the incident.
- I ask my Fiance to reach out to her; check on her; let her know I am still a but shaken up, & honestly try to get an idea what her plan is from here. She tells him; “I’m okay. Just trying to get back to normal”.
- After posting here; and being encouraged to reach out to her; I do, via text. I inquire as to her well-being; & ask about therapy & medication. She asks about my feelings & why I didn’t contact her sooner; and I decline to discuss that– I didn’t want this communication to be about me. I tell her that I’m there to help her make changes in her life; and that I don’t want her to ignore this as if everything is okay. She says that she hates texting; so lets “chat soon”.
- She’s not in therapy & has no plans to seek professional help. She feels that marijuana is the only medication she needs. She’s drinking alcohol.
I feel helpless. I know that I can’t MAKE an adult do anything; and that someone has to be WILLING to change before they do. I want her to be wellbut I can’t force her to take the necessary steps.
For now; I’m not going to address the Maid/Matron of Honor issue at all. None of my bridesmaids are in a position to “pick up the slack” ( due to distance, pregnancy, or illness); so I have accepted/ am okay with my Pre-wedding environment being way different than I’d planned; and I’m okay with that. Without my Mom or my best friend; it’s going to be a solo effort for the most part. and that’s fine.