- 5 years ago
- Wedding: October 2014
So I ordered my flowers off ebay, I would have thought this process was fairly simple. I’m pretty easy to please. I had look through their other listings and found what I wanted. I told them, I wanted the following [see pictures] :
I was ordering a 14 piece set. I wanted them exactly as the pictures above, the ONLY changes were IVORY calla lillies, and HOT PINK roses. Everything else should have been the same. Simple enough? I also asked them to send me pictures BEFORE shipping, so if they needed to change them/they weren’t right they could fix them. They agreed, they told me the flowers would be ready this past Wednesday for approval. Well, Friday came around and they had not contacted me, despite a message I sent each day. They then contacted me on Saturday, tell me they had already shipped them [without my approval]. They also enclosed this picture :
I was concerned because while the basis of what I wanted was there.. I don’t think they really resemble the flowers I actually wanted. Thanks to my fellow bees, I decided to just wait until they got here to judge them.
So what’s the problem?
– They were squishied in shipping. There was no foam or bubble wrap or air pockets or ANYTHING to protect my flowers. They honestly looked like they were stomped all over.
– They are dirty. Not only do they have dirty marks on the calla lillies [which are foam, I already tried scrubbing it off, and it’s taking the FOAM off too]. There are also random black spots on the calla lilies.. almost like the onset of mold .
– The are discolored. Some of the calla lilies are ivory, some of them are tinged yellow. Most of the hot pink roses are fine, but some of them have really noticable dark spots, and really light spots, almost like watermarks.
– No ribbons. The picture of the ones I wanted had pretty ribbons on the corsages, these do not have any at all.
– The roses are TOO BIG. In the photo’s I loved & which are the ones I wanted, the roses were not all the way open, thus everything flowed together nicely.
– No flower gems. Again, as with the flowers I wanted, there were no gems in the buds.
What’s my plan to fix the sitation?
I’m buying some lovely rhinestone mesh, ribbons, flower gems. I’m going to take these puppies apart. [Hopefully] I’ll be able to finely mist the calla lilies with paint to cover the awful dirt. I also bought these foam flowers, which only look 3000% better than the silk ones.
I will then take the hot pink flowers & make pomanders out of them [although, to be honestly, they are hardly even fit for that].
I wanted to share my horrible experiance with my fellow bees. Just remember, if you order silk flowers, you MIGHT not like them, but don’t fret – It’s easily fixed!
I’ll make another thread with how they turn out once I put them back together again!