Update with real-life pictures! Allure 8966 (zipper) vs. Pronovias Usia (corset)

posted 3 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which dress should I go with?
    Allure 8966 and leave the zipper back as is..you'll be snug as a (lady)bug! : (27 votes)
    20 %
    Allure 8966 but change it to the corset. It's worth the additional cost! : (24 votes)
    18 %
    Pronovias Usia-already a corset, can't go wrong! : (82 votes)
    62 %
  • Post # 3
    85 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: January 2014

Honestly, I think if you like corset backs, why not just go with the Pronovias? In the long run, I don’t think you’ll regret spending $280 extra on the dress you wanted. And I think it absolutely flatters you better, something about the direction of the folds on the bodice & the placement of the belt. I think the Pronovias looks 100x better on you, and it has everything you want!

Post # 4
    676 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

I also like the Pronovias on you better as well.  The bottom of the Allure dress just seems to swallow you.  In the grand scheme of things, after you add the corset, the Allure dress is only going to be about $100 cheaper so why not go with the one you loved in the first place?

Post # 5
    1773 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

These dresses look identical to me, haha! It seems like you love this style dress and love the corset, so I say go with pronovias!!!! (I’m a pronovias bride too, and my gown has a corset)!

Post # 6
    642 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

I think if you want a corset, why not go with the dress that already has the corset? In the end it will cost about the same (considering alterations will run probably closer to the upper quote than the lower), and you won’t have to worry about the alterations not going right, or changing the look of the dress.

Also, I think the Pronovias looks stunning on you! Not to say the Allure doesn’t, but I prefer the bodice and the skirt of the Pronovias to the Allure.

Good luck!

Post # 7
    11772 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2013

I would go with the Pronovias dress! For your peace of mind.

Post # 12
    778 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

I agree with PPs. The Allure skirt is lovely. It would be worth having a corset put it. They are MUCH more forgiving than zippers! Not that you need it. 

Post # 15
    2073 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

I think they are almost identical… like, if i didn’t KNOW they were  adifferent dress, then I’d never have figured that out.  I think if it’s ging to cost you $250 to change the allure to corset, and pronovias already is a corset AND the one you prefer, then get that one.  Does one FEEL nice and better quality?  That would sway my vote too.  If Allure felt nicer, I’d get it and change it to corset (if that’s what you want).  If pronovias feels nicer, richer, then get it.  You’re not saving much $ by getting the allure and then altering it.

Both look great.  Did you try Maggie Sottero’s Divina?  It’s also pretty much the same dress

Post # 16
    11379 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2012

i prefer the pronovias.  the skirt is much nicer.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors