US Bees, how much did your delivery cost?

posted 3 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
Member
1472 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I paid $0 (I have double insurance coverage and baby had triple!), but total charges for baby and me (for vaginal birth with epidural) were $17,500. 

 

Post # 4
Member
7262 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

We have to pay a $1250 deductible rigt off the bat. Our insurance will then cover 75% of the costs, and we have to pay the remaining 25%. It SUCKS, especially considering we pay about $500 a month for our insurance.

Post # 5
Member
7281 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

You can try calling whatever hospital you plan to deliver at and ask them how much a typical non-cesearan delivery costs, soup to nuts. Prices can vary so much by location AND particular hospital that this would probably be the best way to get accurate information for your decision-making needs.

Post # 6
Member
2687 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Ketchum, ID

@Jess1483:  WHAT?! I had no idea childbirth was so expensive! That’s how much my student loans are for for 4 years! I will never have children haha. 

Post # 7
Member
1472 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@mrspinesol:  I KNOW! I can’t imagine getting that bill and having to actually PAY it. Yikes. The bills just kept rolling in and I added them up. But as soon as the baby comes out, you both start getting charged for being there. It really is totally crazy. And we don’t live in a particularly expensive area. 

Post # 8
Member
2687 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Ketchum, ID

@Jess1483:  No way. Unless I have some awesome insurance, I won’t go into debt to have a child. Nope. 

Post # 9
Member
4644 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Our total cost (prenatal care delivery everything) was $22,000ish. 

Post # 10
Member
4043 posts
Honey bee

@MsPanda:  Wow, was that including what your insurance covered? Or after coverage/without coverage?

Post # 11
Member
11668 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Haven’t delivered yet but the avg charge for a vaginal birth at my hospital is 6k and normal newborn care is 2k. I’m expecting total before insurance contracting adjustments to be around $10k. Luckily my insurance covers 100% with no benefit max after my deductible.

Post # 12
Member
7664 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2013 - UK

**** me, this thread is depressing.

My labour and delivery will cost me nothing, no matter what happens to me or the baby.

They will even often refund my parking costs afterwards.

I love the NHS.

Post # 13
Hostess
10888 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@Rachel631: I feel sorry for the US bees and you’re right it makes me very grateful of the NHS

Post # 14
Member
4587 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Hospital stay and uncomplicated natural vaginal delivery cost my insurance about $10,800. I paid nothing out of pocket.

Post # 15
Member
1765 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Wow thats crazy! the cost of TTC in america. I feel very fortunate to have free health care.

Post # 16
Member
2884 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

  We have to pay in mexico, but for fanciest hospital in town its  2500 dollars, without insurance

Inc 3 dcotors (obgyn, paediatrician and anaesthesiologist)for delivery and hours aftrr birth

 all prenatal checks inc ultrasound. All blood work and meds

Labour and delivery room, meds, 2 nights in private room

Doctors have training in awesome unis in mex and post grad in US and min 10 yrs experience.

Honestly the level of care is far better than i experienc3 in the NHS, free or not!

 

 

 

Leave a comment


Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors