Post # 1
Hello waiting bees! With Valentine’s Day next week, what’s everyone doing for their SO? Any ideas that might make him say, “I need to marry this girl right now!!”. Here’s some things I’ve done in the past, but I’m looking for a new idea!!
– For his 28th birthday, I printed out 28 photos from vacations and other special occasions, and wrote something special on the back of each photo. I then taped each photo to a helium balloon and put it in the bedroom to surprise him when he got home.
– Our first valentine’s day, we had only been together for a few months, so I made him a card (a very intricate one, I might add). What I wrote inside actually made him tear up, and he ended up telling me he loved me for the first time that night. 🙂
– For Christmas one year I made a hard cover book on Shutterfly. On the first page I put the definition of “fate” and our timeline (we met a long time ago, so I put the years we met, where our lives have went, significant times, like “the day I fell in love with you” and led up to the present).
– For Chistmas this year, I made an “ABC’s of our Love Book”. (Found it on pinterest!) I just binded together construction paper, and on each page I wrote a letter of the alphabet, and a word/phrase that cooresponded to the letter.
– If you have the $$ to spend, and a location near you that does it, I surprised him with a dinner cruise in NYC for his birthday one year, which was really great!!
I really suggest the handmade card– he loved that the most I think. Any other ideas?
Post # 3
Your gifts are wonderful and adorable! I’m sure he must have loved them!
If we had time and money, I’d rent a secluded cabin for the weekend, especially here for V-Day since we could run around in the snow, and feel protected and intimate by the fireplace…:)
But we have neither, so we’ll just make a nice dinner together. I wish I had some creative “I need to marry this girl right now” ideas!!
Post # 4
We’re getting a couples massage! We’re also going on vacation on the 16th by coincidence
Post # 5
I too need some ideas! I originally thought there was the possibility of a V-day proposal so I was trying to think of something really special (he doesn’t wear watches and he buys himself everything) He has always wanted to travel to Australia, so I thought of making a scrapbook/photo album with an Aussie theme that we could finish later, as a commitment to make that happen for our honeymoon.
But I don’t think that’s happening anymore, haha, so I don’t know!
@Soon2BMrsC21: And +1 the hand-made card comment. I made my BF one like three years ago and he still has it on his desk!
Post # 6
We will celebrate by going out to eat together (I have no idea where, as SO made the reservations and is keeping it a surprise), and later we will be exchanging our gifts. I have no idea what he will be getting for me. But I have gotten him a copy of the book The Painted Veil. Though it is a bit of an unlikely love story, it is a story with special meaning for us. We celebrated our 1st year anniversary staying at a romantic cabin in the Great Smokey Mountains, and while we were there, we watched the movie together for the first time and it was a special and incredibly romantic moment. With the book, I will be including a love note expressing how much that moment meant for me. I am excited already!
Post # 7
@arathella: I LOVE the cabin idea, but we’re going on 2 vacations (one in May and one in June) mixed in with a whole bunch of weddings. Which means a whole lotta cash..lol. I will definitely keep that in mind though! Hoping that the vacations might bring an engagement with them 🙂
@memo: We’ve done the couples massage before, but still a great idea! Have fun on your vacayy!
@emmalyn: Also love the scrapbook idea! I think it’s more personalized than the shutterfly route.
@MountainWolf: Love your idea! I’ll have to really think about places we’ve gone and things we’ve done…maybe something “nostalgic” like that. I’m sure he will love it!
I was thinking about making a card and found one when I googled it. Thought this was funny, and something my SO would love.
Post # 8
Love this post!! We really don’t have much planned, I’m actually not really into Valentine’s Day. My SO works late on Thursdays, so I’ll just make dinner, pretty much like every night haha. Friday night we do have dinner reservations so that will be nice. My guy is more into the holiday than me! We don’t do gifts or anything like that, just some flowers and I get him a card. Last year, we went away to a Bed and Breakfast the weekend before Valentine’s Day. It was amazing, had a canopy bed, hot tub and fire place in our room. Also got to enjoy a lot of great food and quality time together!
I’m loving all these handmade gifts!! I think that is a fabulous idea and really touching! I would be honored if someone ever did that for me, you Bees sound like great Valentines!
Post # 9
Oh God, I need to be doing something! Thanks for reminding me it’s not all about me 😉
We are going ring shopping for my birthday on the 20th of this month and that’s all I can freaking think about. I’ve been so wrapped up in that I havent even thought about him. I’m such a jerk.
Better get on it….
Post # 10
One Valentines Day I made several bags of date nights. Poor guy was always running out of ideas to do on our nights off. So to take some pressure off I thought this was a cute gift.
Bag #1- Was a movie night in
-had a cheapie but funny movie (think it was $5 from Walmart) with movie related snacks
Bag #2- Taco night
– just had a taco kit and margarita mix & tequila.
Bag #3- Trip down memory lane
– printed out all our pictures (we had YEARS of pictures that had not been printed), also had some of his baby videos and mine on hand to watch together. At that time I had never seen all of his baby videos and he had not seen mine.
Other bags had:
-gift cards (minimal amounts things for ice-cream dates, grabbing coffee for a walk)
-cheap disposable camera
– paint (for refinishing an old piece of furniture that we had to find on the street- every garbage day around us there is tons of lovely but beaten old furniture and we always had said we wanted to fix one up)- I think we ended up painting a very out dated mirror and it turned out amazing.
I can’t remember what was in all of the bags but I had like 10-15 of them. It did not cost much at all and it lasted for MONTHS! + it was like a gift for both of us 🙂
Post # 11
@SparkleBee11: Such a cute idea!! This sounds perfect for me, as I’m on a budget but I’m usually pretty creative…thanks! 🙂
Post # 12
@SparkleBee11: Love this!! I already started writing down ideas to use! We need to paint one of our bedrooms and I just bought a stencil online for a design…so that’s definitely one I’ll be using. Thank you for the idea!!
Post # 13
@SparkleBee11: I really love this- the possibilities are endless!
Post # 14
Post # 15
I just remembered another one that I did…I think for his birthday? It was a bit time consuming, but definitely worth it. I cut out, literally, 365 small pieces of construction paper and decorated a round aluminum cookie tin that I got at Michael’s. On each piece of paper, I wrote something that I loved about him, a memory, and when I ran out (probably with about 50-60 to go), I wrote little “love coupons”. There were several duplicates of the “love coupons”, but everyday he was excited to pick to see what it would be. Really cheap idea, and like the bags, something that you can continue for the whole year!
Post # 16
@Soon2BMrsC21: You’re the most thoughtful person ever…and i’m stealing your cookie tin idea! Thank you so much!! I’m on a really tight budget right now, and this is perfectly cute!