- Mrs. Mouse
- 4 months ago
- Wedding: September 2009 - Barr Mansion
It’s that time again! Time for our annual Valentine’s Day card swap!
Now is your chance to participate in a hive-wide “Galentine’s Day” swap of handmade, store-bought, or something-in-between Valentine’s Day cards. It’s so fun receiving packages in the mail, and also sharing the love with your fellow hive members.
If you’re new to the hive (welcome!), we do these swaps a few times a year. You get three partners, they send you a card (and if you have amazing partners, sometimes recipes or sweets), and you send each of your partners a card as well. Super simple and super fun!
Here are all the details you need:
- 3 partners each
- Final sign up date is Monday, January 23, 2017
- Mail by date is Monday, February 6th, 2017. Please keep in mind that if you have an international partner that you’ll need to allow extra time for postage/shipping.
- Please, if you sign up, DO send your partners their cards. There’s nothing more disappointing than waiting by your mailbox only to have it empty each day.
- If you’re planning on sending baked goods or treats, please check in with your partners about allergies. Alternately, if you have allergies, please post them on the Swap-bot swap page so your partner can give you a sweet surprise that you can actually enjoy.
- Before you mail your goods, please remember to send a photo to me by following the instructions at the end of this post so we can feature your gorgeous creations on the blog!
If you’re new to our swaps, follow these steps and you’re in!
1. Visit Swap-bot to create an account. Your name and address remains private and is only disclosed to your three partners. Promise. It’s a good idea to sign up with the same screen name as your WB name since a lot of our bees like to personalize the cards, and send thank yous for the cards they received.
2. Now that you have an account, you can follow the link to the swap:
The password for this swap is love4thehive.
3. You’ll see this as the main page for the swap:
4. You’ll be taken to a screen that looks something like this:
5. At the end of the day on the 23rd (or as soon after that as I possibly can), I’ll hit the big red “assign partners” button, and Swap-bot will email you with a notification. You’ll need to visit the swap page to see your partner assignments (it won’t be in the email). Come back to the swap page when you receive that email. On the right side of your page, you’ll see a button that says “See the partners you send to.” Click that and you’ve got your people! Yay!!!
6. Now that you’ve got your partners, bust out your crafting supplies (or beautiful store bought goodies) and get to work!
7. Before you pop those Valentine’s Day cards in the mail, remember to send a photo of them by following these steps:
i. Rename your image: myweddingbeeusername
ii. Send an email to the following address:
mouse (at) weddingbee (dot) com
and attach the image to the email. (Full resolution is fine.)