(Closed) Veil & Flowers in Hair??? or just flowers

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
7904 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

I had a beach wedding and I’m so glad I didn’t have a veil. It would’ve been a disaster with the wind.

Post # 4
790 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I agree that a veil on a beach could be pretty unpleasant. I’m getting married in July in the Bahamas and thought I’d do flowers in my hair but then I went on Etsy.com and found some beautiful beach wedding hair accessories. I love this one in particular and will order it: http://www.etsy.com/listing/81488939/seashell-hair-vine-or-seashell-bouquet

I don’t know if I’ll also do some flowers…depends on what I find for flowers when I’m there before the wedding.

Post # 5
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I will be on a beach and wearing both.  My hairpiece is ‘flowers’ made of feathers.  I’ll wear a fingertip length veil over, and then just have the hairpiece for the reception. 

A good friend was married on a Cape Cod beach with a veil and it was beautiful. I think wind + veil is gorgeous, as long as it’s not hurricane strength.

EDIT- found this photo from when I went to try everything on.  My hair is a mess but you get the general idea! (sorry the photo is enormous…kept trying to resize it but no luck)

The topic ‘Veil & Flowers in Hair??? or just flowers’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors