(Closed) VENT: Makeup & hair trial disaster. Where do I go from here?

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
661 posts
Busy bee

@mrsginmay:  SOUNDS LIKE AN IDIOT! Totally disgraceful. When are you marrying? Can you not quickly search for alternatives and do a quick test run?

Post # 4
2543 posts
Sugar bee

Ummm….no freaking way would I use this woman. I am a horrible person so I would probably call, ask her the name/number of the hairdresser, and they say unfortunately you won’t be going with her for makeup as you recently had a friend offer to do it for free (who cares if it’s true). Then book a different makeup person ASAP b/c this woman sounds crazy and extremely unprofessional!

Post # 5
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I would be honest with her so that she could make changes in the future but go with different people.

Post # 6
1798 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Ask for the hairdresser’s info before you say you won’t be using her. Hopefully she won’t realize what’s going on. When you do fire her, be polite, but bring up the reasons that you won’t be using her (lack of professionalism). She’s a professional and she really needs/deserves to know why she’s driving away clients.

Post # 7
827 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I know your story wasn’t meant to be funny, but it was!! That sounds like a scene out of a movie. No, I would not use her and because I am not good at confrontation, I’d probably do what the PP suggested and say my friend is doing it for free so I no longer need her services- but ask for the name of the hairdresser because your friend doesn’t do hair. By the way, the state of the bathroom (especially with no hand soap) would have been it for me! haha

Post # 10
253 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@mrsginmay:  You poor thing! I agree with others who say you should try to get the hair stylists number.

Post # 11
181 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

at least you got a laugh out of it!

see if your friends can recommend you someone they used preivously? GOod luck

Post # 14
3121 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@mrsginmay:  Just explain the situation and feel her out.  That’s crazy…you need to go with someone else, for sure!  Maybe even the hairdresser could suggest someone?  Are you worried about her professionalism, though?  She’s working there…

Post # 16
5405 posts
Bee Keeper

I probably wouldn’t have had the guts to walk into the apartment in the first place. But I guess the deposit changes things. And then no hand soap?! Oh hell no. Good luck finding a replacement–I’m sure you can. I think even sephora does event makeup?

The topic ‘VENT: Makeup & hair trial disaster. Where do I go from here?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors