Post # 1
So, bees, it happened. I knew this wedding planning thing was going too smoothly and something was bound to happen sooner or later.
My venue double booked my date. Myself and another event (not a wedding). It’s a small business run by one man, who I know personally, and although I have written confirmation with the date he booked it for me, he didn’t write me down in his reservation book- but he wrote the other group.
He’s going to ask the other group if they can move their date to the following weekend- it would actually work out really well for them as their even would coincide really well with a community event that would be happening then. I’ll know in a few days for sure.
Has this happened to anyone? I’m kind of upset but at the same time, pretty logical in figuring out the next step if it’s booked- no use crying over it!
Post # 2
ClaudiaKishi: What a pleasure to read a thread about a stumbling block from a bride-to-be who hasn’t fallen apart at the seams and spent the last 24 hours crying about it.
I now pronounce you mature enough for marriage.
ps Fingers crossed that things work out well for you.
Post # 3
Crossing my fingers that it all works out for you 🙂
Post # 4
ClaudiaKishi: Hope it works out! I’m always paranoid and tend to think “oops we double booked” is code for “we booked someone who will be spending more money than you” Even though it’s probably not the case, I still think it.
Post # 5
ClaudiaKishi: My reception venue didn’t double book, but it did go bankrupt about a month before my destination wedding. Fortunately, my wedding planner was able to find another great venue that was available on our date, and our new venue ended up being pretty perfect for us 🙂 Hopefully, everything works out for you too!
Post # 6
I totally feel your pain. However, the end goal is for you and your loved one to be married and be happy – and you will be!!! You’re taking it a lot better than I would! I’m sure things will work out 🙂
Post # 7
Thaks bees! Thanks for the gif too 😛
The worst part is, the other group actually wanted the other weekend in the first place- the owner convinced them to book my date (a week earlier)! Gah.
I’ll know either way tomorrow or the next day and not gonna lie, if it ends up we don’t get it I may shed a tear or two BUT there is no use moping over it now. I’ve looked into a few local B&B’s just in case and vented to my bridesmaids. And I did not tell my mom, because she would be stressed to the max, haha.
Post # 8
You have a really good attitude about it. Good luck! It sounds like it will be ok either way. I probably would wait before telling my mom too :).
Post # 9
ClaudiaKishi: If they dont take the following weekend, can you? At a discounted rate, please…
Post # 10
weatherbug: We could but our photographer is already booked and she’s pretty popular- I doubt she would still have that date free and there goes our $1000 deposit 🙁 Plus, my SO’s cousin is getting married the following weekend and I don’t really want to have the same wedding date (it would mean his mom’s side of the family would probably not be able to attend ours as they would likely go to hers instead and it just might make things complicated….plus I don’t want to step on her toes).
Post # 11
Good news- the other group agreed to move their date! 😀
Luckily they weren’t a wedding, just a class reunion, so it wasn’t a big deal AND the venue was open the next weekend. It actually works out better for them this way too.
I’m so happy, it wouldn’t have been the end of the world but I’m glad I don’t have to rethink everything. Thanks for all the support, bees.
Post # 12
ClaudiaKishi: Omg! So happy for you! Glad it worked out!!
Post # 14
That must be such a huge relief — it’s great that they were able to resolve it so quickly.