Venue Ideas Needed – Fall 2014!!

posted 3 years ago in Toronto
Post # 3
2381 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

You should look at Edward Gardens too….. It’s so gorgeous and they have indoor/outdoor options.   But the pictures don’t do it much justice, you would have to visit in the summer which is not enough time for you.

Post # 4
2 posts
  • Wedding: May 2008

Did you consider Parkwood Estates in your own area? You probably would have to do a tent reception, but it can be quite nice in September.

How about some of the golf & country clubs? King Valley Golf Club, The Country Club, Eagle’s Nest?

Heintzman House in Thornhill?

Post # 5
88 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

@MrsMounty:  Your request sound exactly like what I was looking for. Here are some of the places that I really ended up loving:

The place that I ended up booking was Ancaster Mill. It’s beautiful, with a waterfall and an outdoor ceremony area. There are a hand full of rooms that can accomodate your size. Mine is the govenors room with 100 people. The fallsview room is slightly bigger but also a bit more costly. With the room rental, ceremony, DJ, officiant, open bar, hors douvers, dinner, etc. our cost was just under our 20K mark, but worth every penny. 

Post # 6
272 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@Meggzilla:  The Ancaster Mill is sooooooooo gorgeous!! 

The Cambridge Mill is the same idea, but I think it’s a little less expensive….loveeeee it

The Elm Hurst Inn might be a tiny bit further than an hour from you, but it is really nice as well with a gorgeous spot for an outdoor ceremony

Post # 7
42 posts
  • Wedding: January 2015

@happyheidi1984:  Cambridge Mill is actually more expensive than Ancaster Mill (we booked Ancaster) but also beautiful…packages are the same though! Ancaster has a more historic vibe imo, whereas Cambridge is more modern.

We also looked at the Old Mill (in Toronto), Glen Erin Inn (looked amazing), and looked in Niagara (Prince of Wales, Pillar and Post) which seemed all right around the same price point (slightly under 20k for 120 people), but we are doing January so getting significant discounts. A lot of places have a $100 per person basic package for the winter that they offer, but that goes up for high season (including September).

The Doctor’s house in Kleinburg might be an option too! I found a lot of nice venues on intimate weddings website (just google).

Post # 8
249 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@MrsMounty:  Congrats! Here are some halls that I suggest you check out:

– Ajax Convention Centre

– Grand Baccus

– Casa Loma (outdoor)

– Toronto Botanical Gardens (outdoor)

– Crystal Fountain

– Venetian

– Le Jardin

– Paradise Banquet Hall (has an outdoor area to do your ceremony AND packages start as low as $80 a person!!!!)

Happy planning!

Post # 8
457 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I think you should look at Estate Venues. They have 2 properties that both offer ceremony on site and fall within your price range

Post # 9
1 posts

does anybody know how much it is to rent graydon hall for just from 10am-3 pm for the wedding ceremony? is there a min spending for that too? 

Post # 10
3195 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I was thinking of The Doctor’s House too!

Post # 11
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

MsBark:  Warning on Paradise, its right by the highway. The pic looks beautiful but I’ve been to a wedding there, and all you could hear was traffic and sirens…

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors