Venue is BOOKED! Any other Memorial Day 2018 brides??

posted 5 months ago in May 2018
Post # 2
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2018

BeeLovesMTB :  That’s so exciting!! We have decided on that date as well for our wedding as we wanted to wait until after I graduated from veterinary school but before I start a new job or internship. We looked at a couple places this weekend and found a strong contender so we’re going to have our wedding planner have a chat with the venue to work out a deal before we book :). Hopefully we can lock it down by the end of the week. Do you have anything else booked? So far, we just have the coordinator, our photographer (also probably going to book this week), and this potential venue. I purchased my dress before we were engaged so that’s another thing I won’t need to worry about.

Post # 3
193 posts
Blushing bee

Awesome! My fiance just checked with our number 1 pick venue to see if they have that date available and they do. I knew we wanted a Sunday wedding because the rental fee is 50% off but I felt some apprehension since most of our guests will have to travel in. My mother and my fiance’ both had the idea to get married on the sunday before Memorial day as most will have the Monday off. We plan to book very soon before the date is scooped up.

Post # 4
223 posts
Helper bee

ME! I am 5/27/2018 🙂

We are a smaller wedding (about 80) and every venue I talked to wanted 100+ people for a Saturday wedding. I didn’t want Friday because 90% of my guests would have to take some time off. I heard Sunday weddings can be low energy because it’s a work night (people will leave early and not dance/drink much). So the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend was perfect! It gives a day after for travel and to recoup.

We booked our venue. It’ll be at a country club. We want an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour so we had to wait until late spring 2018 in hopes of nice weather! I’ve been engaged since summer but only started wedding planning a month ago as we were in the middle of moving.

Post # 5
9 posts
Newbee

Omg.  I booked my wedding for the day before and didn’t realize it was Memorial Day weekend till I saw your post just now. Look how that worked out 🙂

Congrats on your big day!!!!

Post # 6
124 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

We are going with 5/27/18 too! We have technically not signed our venue but I’m feeling confident we will within the week. It is a functioning town hall (but with space for a 215 person wedding!) and they have an upcoming construction project in negotiations. The construction will start after our date, but until the project is sign-sealed-delivered (including start date), we can’t sign a contract. Of course the project has to go before several town committees so it’s taking for every! I can’t wait to sign on the dotted line 🙂

Post # 8
223 posts
Helper bee

Since my OP, we’ve booked the photographer and I have my wedding dress.

Where is everyone wedding party-wise? I took my sister and best friend wedding dress shopping and since there was extra time, they tried on a few bridesmaid dresses. My mom put a FB post saying “wedding dress and bridesmaid dress shopping!” tagging us all, so I’m trying to ask my other girls fast so they don’t feel like an afterthought!

Post # 9
124 posts
Blushing bee

My post was good luck! I just heard back from our venue and we’re CONFIRMED! eurasianbee – we’re not doing a bridal party. How many girls are in your party?

And here’s two pictures of my venue 🙂

Krista-And-John-Arlington-Town-Hall-Wedding-40

ChristinaRichardsWeddings_037

Post # 10
223 posts
Helper bee

sambaty4 :  What a unique venue! Ours is outdoors so we’re crossing fingers for good weather!

I am asking 5 girls. My sister and best friend already know and have accepted. I am asking three more of my closest friends. The Knot sent me a cute “bridesmaid proposal” kit for free, so I’m just making these cute little cards with a letter inside and giving them out 🙂

Post # 11
162 posts
Blushing bee

I haven’t booked my venue yet (but most likely will at the end of this month), but I am looking into doing a Memorial Day weekend wedding as well in 2018. 🙂

Post # 12
223 posts
Helper bee

Update! Got my DJ and my 5 Bridesmaids have said yes!  Next task is getting an officiant and scheduling engagement pictures.

Post # 13
124 posts
Blushing bee

eurasianbee Congratulations! Since my last post I got a great hotel block that I think my guests will love! Next up is a caterer – I have a first choice but they’re not on the venue’s preferred list so I’m waiting to see if there is a fee.

Post # 14
162 posts
Blushing bee

I have officially booked for 5/26/18! The venue I picked had a flat rate regardless of the day you choose–20% off for a package deal that included the cocktail hour with appetizers, alcohol, food, dessert table, cake, late night snack, servers, decorations and seat covers, and tips and tax! So I decided to go with Saturday to have two days to recoup.

Only a little over a year to plan the rest! 🙂

Post # 15
223 posts
Helper bee

whitepeacock :  Nice! I would have loved to have a Saturday wedding but all the places I looked at had minimum headcounts or higher rates.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors