Venue is BOOKED! Any other Memorial Day 2018 brides??

posted 5 months ago in May 2018
Post # 16
124 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

whitepeacock How great that so much is included!! Did you find the cost to be comparable to piecemeal venues?

Post # 17
162 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

sambaty4 :  Oh yes definitely! I live in a big city and plan on having 200+ attending, so $76/pp is a steal for what is included! Other places I looked at were approx. $90/pp, and did not include nearly as many ‘extras’ or upgrades as this venue does. Plus my venue is only 5 minutes away from my parents’ house, which is a nice bonus. 

Post # 18
223 posts
Helper bee

whitepeacock :  $76 is a steal! I live in a rural area but it’s NJ so most things are expensive. Mine is $80/pp which is one of the cheapest venues we could find and only because our wedding is on Sunday. Otherwise $90-$120/pp and a 100 person minimum is the norm for a Saturday wedding here.

Post # 19
162 posts
Blushing bee

eurasianbee :  I mainly got lucky due to the fact that they were having that particular promotion only until the end of this past February for 2017 weddings only as a way to book up their 2017 calender year. Because I had gotten engaged the last week of February, obviously I wasn’t sure if I wanted to book them so quickly without ‘shopping’ around. My mom (what a life saver) was able to talk the manager into letting us decide by the end of March, and letting the promotion be applied for 2018. Otherwise I would’ve just eloped! lol

Post # 20
223 posts
Helper bee

whitepeacock :  Nice! We booked in 2016 in order to lock in those prices for 2018 or heaven knows what the prices might be. And I hear you. Our budget 10k wedding will likely be over 15k. Some days I wish I could just go back in time and have a simple ceremony+dinner just for immediate family and closest friends.

Post # 21
162 posts
Blushing bee

eurasianbee :  I hear you! I’m just hoping at this point to keep everything else low priced, or better even free. I never expected to be paying this much for a wedding–I’d much rather be putting a down payment on a new house or car!

Post # 22
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I’m booked for 26th May as well @whitepeacock !

So excited. So many things to plan and book. I think we’ve got our florist and photographer. Picked up the HTBs right today 😀 So keen.

What colours are you guys thinking? Or styles?

Post # 23
223 posts
Helper bee

nomie95 :  Our style is more on the elegant side. Floor length burgundy dresses and gold accents. Flowers will be burgundy, blush, and white. Totally fall/winter wedding colors but we couldn’t agree on anyother colors!

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors