- 5 years ago
- Wedding: March 2014
Hi there, military Bees!
My FI is a 2nd Lt. in the Marine Corps, still at TBS, so he won’t have a real chain of command or deployment/training cycle until he is stationed. We’re planning a wedding for summer of 2014, which will give us both some time to get settled into his first assignment. We have fallen in love with a BEAUTIFUL venue – should we book now to lock in 2012 prices and our ideal date (which is a shot in the dark in terms of his availability) or wait until he knows his schedule, which may mean losing summer dates? If we were to book now (which is what we’re leaning towards), it would obviously be with the understanding that the date may be moved in necessary and dependent upon their future availability.
It seems like wedding planning happens SO far in advance, how do you ladies balance that with military requirements?