- 6 years ago
- Wedding: October 2012
So, I just have to vent, because my emotions are getting the best of me at the moment. I thank all who read this in advance.
To give you a bit of background info, Fiance and I are high school sweethearts. We have been together seven years (since our freshman year of high school), and got engaged in February of 2009.
Since becoming engaged, we’ve tried twice to get married, but for factors not within our control, we had to cancel each time. Finally, in January of this year, we really dove into planning. We found the venue we wanted, and immediately contacted them. Our original hope was to be married on October 12th, as we have always wanted a fall wedding, and the 12th is exactly one week between our birthdays. Unfortunately, at the time, all Friday-Sunday dates in October at our venue were taken, so Fiance and I decided to travel down the road less taken, and chose to host our wedding on a weekday. We contacted various vendors and had them reserve our weekday date, as the two people at the venue agreed to save the date for us as well. However, no contracts were signed at that time. Then, on Saturday, March 31st, just over a week ago, Fiance and I went to the venue to meet one of the two people who run the place. At that time, she informed us that there had been a cancellation, and October 12th was available again, so of course, Fiance and I were very happy, and arranged with this person to block that weekend off for us until she heard from us regarding our decision, as I wanted to make sure family and other vendors would be able to work with the date change. So, on Sunday, when I heard back from the last of the vendors giving me the “okay” to change our date, I immediately wrote the woman at the venue an e-mail telling her that we wanted to go forth with switching our date and make our deposit ASAP. Well, as my lack of luck would have it, I received an e-mail just a few hours ago from this person, she was apologetic, but stated that when she went to notify her partner of the date change, he explained that he had already given the date away (not for a wedding), and when she informed him that she told us she would reserve the date until she heard from us, he still wouldn’t budge (though, the other party has not signed a contract or made a deposit). When I read the e-mail, my heart sank and I had what I believe to be my first EVER panic attack. All I could think of is how, our families, who all live out-of-state would have to switch their vacation time AGAIN, and how I would have to contact all the vendors again to change the date back. Needless to say, I was and still am LIVID. I called the woman from the venue, and asked if there was anything I could do. She was very nice, and suggested I call her partner and explain my situation in an attempt to have him change his mind, and right their wrong. So, tomorrow, I pray that things will turn out positively when I call, and I pray I have the grace to accept it if they do not. Thank G-d for my Fiance, because he has really been wonderful throughout this ordeal.
If any of you have any suggestions or comments, or have been in a similar situation before, please feel free to share. I greatly appreciate all of your support!