Venues are booked for Saturdays in 2015 :(

posted 2 years ago in Venue
Post # 2
2566 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Talk your fiance. See what you two would prefer… a Friday or Saturday wedding, or a 2016 wedding.

Post # 3
6591 posts
Bee Keeper

Look for more venues, maybe in outlying areas or untraditional venues. You’ll find something!

Post # 4
2395 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I had my reception at a luxury hotel in downtown Chicago on a Saturday in July and I only booked 4 months in advance (and it was my first choice venue).  So it can definitely be done!  In fact, we ended up being the only wedding there that day, so they upgraded us to the larger ballroom and gave us use of the outdoor terrace for no extra charge.

We also got our first (well only) choice of ceremony venue, again with no problem.  Just expand your search, or look at different times of day.  We got married in the morning and had a brunch reception.

Post # 5
2891 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Steffieayn: I feel your pain. That’s why we had to wait another year — all the venues in our budget were booked by Oct. / Nov. 2013! 

Post # 6
3756 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I had a Friday night wedding and it was perfect. I also saved money by booking on a Friday and a little bit off season (late April). 

Post # 7
889 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2015 - On a Cliff Overlooking the Bay, Florida

Steffieayn: I know you really want a Saturday but Friday and Sunday wedding are less expensive. Look at different venues. Where are you located?

Post # 8
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Why not a fridat wedding? It’s SO much cheaper! 

Post # 9
776 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

I just got engaged and realllllllllllllly wanted a fall wedding, I know your pain. Everything is booked for Saturdays in 2015 already for the fall. I need a Saturday because my church only does weddings on Saturdays as well, so its going to be fall of 2016 for me!

Post # 10
414 posts
Helper bee

Check out brunch weddings, check out long holiday weekends to do a Sunday wedding, Fri weddings are cheaper too, if youre in a city, go to the suburbs! 

Post # 11
303 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015 - Golf Course

I’m sorry to hear that 🙁 Keep trying, get creative! Have you thought about an outdoor wedding and renting tents? You can usually get a permit from the city to have a wedding set up in a park, and it isn’t that expensive. But then you have to consider all the costs that go along with that in terms of having food prepared and out in a park. Have you tried hotels? Golf courses? Where I live (Vancouver, BC) there is a large East Indian population, and they would rent their banquet halls out to anyone as well. Good luck! 

Post # 12
1244 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I hear you-I got engaged in Sept and booked our venue in October. We nailed down the last Saturday they had for August and September in 2015. It’s crazy how quickly things book up, but if you’re willing to expand your search I’m sure you’ll find something.

Post # 13
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

Several of the venues around us have really amazing deals for weddings in the off-peak (winter) months and aren’t all booked yet. Could you push it to the winter?

Also, my SO’s union has a hall that can be booked for super cheap…maybe any unions or AMVETS or VFW’s in your area have decent spaces that would work.

Post # 14
612 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Is April or May too soon?  Every venue we looked at had Saturday dates available.  We ended up having to go with June due to my cousins senior activities (he graduates this spring) but a little before peak season had a lot of options.

Post # 15
725 posts
Busy bee

Think about doing a Friday! I was deadset against it and really wanted a Saturday but it was just soooo expensive. We thought long and hard about it, talked to our families and friends, and went with a Friday. I’m glad we did that and no one has had a single issue about it being a Friday. Good luck!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors