Venues for wedding and reception in local cities SOCAL for under $1000?? Help!

posted 6 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
3626 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Are you looking at just the cost of the venue? Do you need tables/chairs/etc. include in this price? If you have a set budget for venue + chairs + tables, it may be easier to locate a venue since that ups the price point and a lot of venues have chairs (though they are usually the cheaper chairs) and tables included.

Post # 5
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Hi Kat!  Congratulations!  🙂  Are you thinking $1000 just for the rental fee?  The venue I’m using is a hall attached to a restaurant in Pasadena , you can do the ceremony and reception there, and there’s no rental fee, there’s just a minimum on what you have to spend for the food.  I believe for a lunch on a Saturday the minimum for food is $2500.  Chairs and tables are inclusive.  Let me know if you’d be interested!

Good luck!!

Post # 6
1917 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@kat102785:  I think it would be tough to even feed 200 people for that much money.  You may want to consider cutting your guest list.

Post # 7
2590 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012 - Southern California

Where in SoCal are you thinking?  For example, Inland Empire is generally cheaper than OC.  $1,000 for 200 people is a tall order!

Post # 10
3626 posts
Sugar bee

@kat102785:  It depends really but generally speaking, most venues that have tables and chairs bundle it in the price and say it is included. They usually do not give you a discount for not using them. Chair and table rentals can get expensive, especially since you need 200 chairs and minimum of 10 tables for the 200 guests.

At $5000 for 200 guests, you are looking at spending $25/person so you can’t really afford to be spending like $2/chair. Unfortunately, Southern California can get expensive. Are you looking at like Riverside County/IE/San Bernardino area or like OC/LA/SD? The former will be a lot cheaper.

Post # 11
3626 posts
Sugar bee

@kat102785:  You pay a rental fee that covers the venue (and chairs + tables). Some places will charge a set amount and if you go over x number of guests, then it is adjusted per person.

Some places will let you bring in your own caterer, some will not. Did you want to serve alcohol? I think public parks are great for a fun, inexpensive wedding (e.g. you can do a fun bbq/picnic reception), but usually you can’t serve alcohol at public parks (at least not for an event with 200 people).

Post # 14
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Kat – it always depends on the place.  Some venues have a rental fee + you have to use their caterer, other places the rental fee is just for the space but not for food, tables, chairs, so you have to bring all that stuff in (which is generally more expensive and just logistically more complicated than using a place where that’s all inclusive), some have no rental fee as long as you spend a certain amount of money. 

One suggestion on such a tight budget at approximately $25 per person, might be to use a public space like a park where there’s no rental fee, or do a lovely home/backyard wedding, then you can focus all that money on the food.  But for that kind of budget you might really want to consider cutting the guest list.  Even in the IE which is a lot more affordable, it’ll still be really tight if you also need decorations, a photographer, dress, etc. 

ETA – lilbluebird you’re reading my mind!  hahaha

Post # 16
3626 posts
Sugar bee

I didn’t look at IE venues but I found some online:

Pomona Valley Mining Co. – It’s a little over your budget, but if you cut back on guests, it can work.

http://www.pomonavalleyminingco.com/sub/reception-packages.jsp’ defer=’defer

Wedgewood Wedding and Banquet Center – Also a little over, BUT all inclusive, even photography! – Rancho Cucamonga

http://wedgewoodbanquet.com/upland-hills/index.php

http://wedgewoodbanquet.com/upland-hills/content/downloads/uplandhills-wedgewood-wedding-packages.pdf

If you click on locations at the top left, you can see all the facilities available as it is a group of venues owned by the same company. It looks like prices are generally the same regardless of location.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors