(Closed) Venues that don’t cost an arm & a leg & look good… HELP!

posted 6 years ago in Miami and South Florida
Post # 3
4824 posts
Honey bee

Check out colleges & univeristies. They often have venues/old houses/historic landmarks etc where you can bring in your own caterer (or use theirs) etc and they have great landscaping typically.

Post # 4
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I had a similar problem.  The typical reception venues cost too much and wouldn’t let us do what we wanted in the way of personalizations. So, we went another way–county & city properties.  I had to screen out a bunch because they looked cheap/were too small/etc, but eventually found a beautiful property on the beach.  Granted, we are going to have to do a ton work (set-up, decorating, etc) on our own, but it was MUCH cheaper and perfect for what we wanted.

I’m in upstate New York, so can’t recommend specific places.  I google searched the name of the city and “parks and recreation” and was usually able to find a listing of properties from there.

Good luck and Best Wishes!

Post # 5
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Parks.

Beaches.

That’s all I know.

As far as hotels, I’m sure you can call up any hotel on the beach and ask for prices (or check out their website), but beach hotels = more money.

Post # 6
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Try Galuppi’s in Pompano. It’s overlooking a beautiful golf course and has a gazebo outside that you can have your ceremony outside. It’s gorgeous and affordable!

Post # 7
171 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2009

Are you looking for a particular ceremony site? Such as a particular religious venue or secular?

If they’re looking for a reception venue, there’s Miami Fire Tower.

There’s also the West Palm Zoo which is unique.

The Addison in Boca is beautiful.

The topic ‘Venues that don’t cost an arm & a leg & look good… HELP!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors