Vera Wang Gemma for 2016? Outdated?

posted 3 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Is the Vera Wang Gemma outdated?
    Yes, dear god, pick something else! : (26 votes)
    18 %
    Yes, but get a mermaid anyways : (3 votes)
    2 %
    Yes, get a totally different style dress : (2 votes)
    1 %
    No, that dress is timeless! : (92 votes)
    65 %
    No, but do something different! : (6 votes)
    4 %
    No, but look at the newer vera wang dresses! : (12 votes)
    9 %
  • Post # 2
    1214 posts
    Bumble bee

I still love it!

Post # 3
    4 posts
    Wannabee

there is truly nothing better. 

Post # 5
    367 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2016

I’m getting married in 2016 and bought my dress two weeks ago as I love it and was worried it wouldn’t be around in two years 

Post # 6
    8720 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2013

If you won’t regret it then I say go for it. For me 2016 is too far away and I would regret it.

Post # 7
    116 posts
    Blushing bee

It is elegant and stylish, which never goes out of fashion.

Post # 8
    2125 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2015

If you love it, that’s really the most important part. I think it will definitely stand the test of time, it’s fabulous! Also, I have never even seen that exact dress before so I would have never even known that it was an older dress. You could have fooled me 😛

Post # 9
    1583 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

Helloemi:  as long as you love it who cares if its in style. It’s a gorgeous dress.

Post # 10
    238 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2015 - City Winery New York, NY

Helloemi:  If you love it, you love it. My wedding is in 2015 and I bought a Vera Wang from her Fall 2013 collection just a few weeks ago. I was worried about it being “outdated” too, but then I realized I would be the only one at my wedding (probably) who knew exactly which collection it was from. Everyone else would just see a beautiful dress.

You’re even luckier because the Gemma is in her “Classics” collection which she keeps available and (to my knowledge) does not rotate out of stores after 3 years of seasons. I would visit your local Vera Wang store, or travel to one if need be, to try on the dress and confirm that you really do love it and that it will remain available. Then (if they keep it available, as I think they do) I would wait a year or so until you’re closer to your wedding. Then you can avoid the chances of any regret.

As a Vera bride (OMG!!!) I have to say that she is the ultimate in classic beauty for bridal and, quite fankly, she just doesn’t go out of style. You can’t go wrong with one of her dresses!

Best of luck to you in your search!!!

L

Post # 12
    198 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2015

Mojito77:  Pretty pretty!!

Post # 13
    367 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2016

bebe_k:  ahh thank you im totally in love with it and can’t wait to wear it! I’m going to add a blingy belt I think!

Post # 14
    482 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

Most people won’t know it’s an older season dress. Unless they have been wedding dress shopping themselves but then who cares because it’s still beautiful and dresses look different on everyone.

Post # 15
    795 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

I think it looks beautiful. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors