(Closed) Vera Wang V-neck ball gown dress VW351029 NEED HELP!!!

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
902 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I saw this dress in person at my local DB store and it’s beautiful, so is the other version of this dress with the one shoulder sleeve (I like that one more hehe).

I tried on the strapless one but it lacked the bling look I was going for. 

Post # 5
2084 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 1993

Post # 6
2084 posts
Buzzing bee

Hope this helps!

Post # 8
1361 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m pretty sure there’s a second row of sizes on that sheet, it’s just not captured in the photo.  So based on the fact that each size increase appears to be a 1-2 inch hip increase, you’ll need a size 16 or 18.  And the top will likely need to be altered.  Maybe someone can post the second row from that sheet for you?

Post # 10
2084 posts
Buzzing bee

Yep, there is another row. I photographed this in store and only needed the top row.

OP – would you be happy sharing measurements? I have a VWW, and I found that the hip bit actually came out bigger than I thought it would!

Post # 12
2084 posts
Buzzing bee

Argh – it might be my Mac, but I can’t see the pic?

Did you try on a VWW that fit you properly? On the measurements, they always say go for the biggest one then get it altered, but IMO, if you have tried some on you’ll be able to get a better idea.

I’d guess a 14? My experience of the VWW line is that those with the bigger skirts are more generous on the hips.

Post # 13
2084 posts
Buzzing bee

Ok, I can see the pic now!

You have a great figure; curves in all the right places. Mine is an 8.

My measurements currently are 36-31-42

Oddly, it fits fine on the hips, but is too small (at the moment…) at the top!

Post # 14
645 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

that dress is going to look great on you!

The topic ‘Vera Wang V-neck ball gown dress VW351029 NEED HELP!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors