Vera Wang White VW351011 Brides – I need your help please!!

posted 2 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
29 posts
Newbee

I am selling a brand new one for 950$ in ivory if you are interested. I am 4’11 and was going to wear 4 inch heels plus the krinoline thingy. My mom didn’t want that dress for me, anyways. I heard people who don’t have to alter it because the heels and krinoline. 

Post # 3
579 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

That dress is blush was my #2! It was a really close decision. The only thing that stopped me was that they wanted to hem the dress from the bottom?? Made no sense with all those beautiful derails.

Anyway, its absolutely gorgeous in blush!

Post # 5
488 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

I tried this dress (it was my #2!). I found that VW white dresses are actually quite roomy in the hips. This style in particular wasn’t at all snug on the hips. I’m an Australian size 10 and tried a US8 and it fit like a glove.

I’m 5’8 and the length on me was perfect. I have seen a dressmaker on Facebook post pics of this dress being hemmed. She had to remove the entire skirt from the hips and take up the bodice, then re-attach the skirt. Apparently it’s not too difficult.

The only thing i didn’t love about this dress was the fabric .. i got really hot really quick. It may help if you get a little hoop for the skirt but it was definitely a factor for me.

Finally, David’s don’t ship this dress to Australia (i don’t know why!) but I used Shipito to have it sent. Postage was around $100 to A.C.T.

Hope that helps .. best of luck!!

Post # 7
488 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

stsj:  Woohoo! How exciting! I think it took around 4-5 days to get to my shipping company (in Oregon) then another week to get to Canberra. Although it sat at my mum’s house un-opened for a full week before I could get there to try it on (busy work week .. she was baffled!).

Regarding taxes, I was lucky enough to avoid paying any duty on my dress. Come to think of it, I’m not sure how because it was well over $1000. Hopefully you’ll get lucky too.

Let us know how it all goes!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors