Very important. Any tree experts??

posted 3 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 4
Member
3555 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@ChocolateLime:  I would need to be able to see the bark texture and more importantly a leaf in order to identify the tree. Far away bare branches just isn’t enough.

Post # 7
Member
3555 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@ChocolateLime:  It is most likely a basswood, but it could also be a redbud. I’m pretty sure it’s a basswood though.

ETA since you’re in the UK you’d probably call them a lime tree or linden tree.

Post # 8
Member
8932 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

Re:Poison control — If your child is fine and not vomiting/lethargic/pale/etc, they’re probably fine.  A quick google search for the UK pulls up plants that are poisonous, not trees. Since this happened yesterday and you’re not citing any illness in your child, it’s safe to assume she’s fine and the tree wasn’t poisonous. Besides, that would require ingestion and since you pulled all/most of the leaf from her, I doubt there would be enough for poisoning

Post # 11
Member
8932 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

Also, if it’s a basswood (Which it looks like it is), they are non-toxic. Part of the tree are used for herbal remedies.

Leave a comment


Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors